IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BO is like SAP
I worked with an overpaid SAP weenie at Unigroup. He was more or less interchangable with the BO weenie from Mastercard.

Data warehousing - when will this fad expire?
-drl
New Answer: ___Arthur C. Clarke + Stephen Baxter's [Review] (new thread)
Created as new thread #75439 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=75439|Answer: ___Arthur C. Clarke + Stephen Baxter's [Review]]
Marketing: more addictive than heroin, but without the sense of peaceful wellbeing. This we settle for and call.. satisfiction.
The Nintendo-Britney Eloi
New Fad? Expire?
CRM was a fad. Gabillions invested in realtime reaction. Needed to totally change your business model to use it.

SAP was a fad. Need to reengineer your operations and then you found out (if you got it right) you were exactly as efficient as your competitors, never any better.

Marketing data warehousing is NOT a fad. It merely speeds up and automates a large portion of what the marketers and bean counters were already doing. Figure out who is buying what, and correlate it to what amount of what type of advertising drove them to it. The cost is trivial compared to the other two, and the payback is easily matched against the marketing dollars saved by NOT going after the low responders.

Big brother IS watching. You may not like it, but at least I'm only trying to sell you stuff, not have you registered by the police. And if you really don't want it, and I have information to that effect, there is LESS a chance of my clients bothering you.

BO is just a tool. To be used well, the person should have a lot of knowledge on math and stats, plus some industry info, plus some general business experience.

Hmmm.

Who here knows stats, math, and will be free in a month or 2? Hmmm.
New you dont need a guru but a gruntyou
like he oracle at delphi some person to look at accumulated data and grunt out indecipherable fubar. Works as good as data mining if you have enough stats. Would do it it for grins with raw data supplied to establish track record. Yer biz prolly doesnt work that way :-(
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

You think that you can trust the government to look after your rights? ask an Indian
     Trends - (kmself) - (21)
         AIX is hot in FL as well as .nyet, mqseries is also hot - (boxley)
         Analysis - (broomberg) - (19)
             BO is like SAP - (deSitter) - (3)
                 Answer: ___Arthur C. Clarke + Stephen Baxter's [Review] (new thread) - (Ashton)
                 Fad? Expire? - (broomberg) - (1)
                     you dont need a guru but a gruntyou - (boxley)
             How hard can it be? - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                 Well now, that was a concise statement there Todd... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Yep, it was well said. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Very - (broomberg) - (11)
                     Disagree somewhat an analyst analyses - (boxley) - (1)
                         No way - (broomberg)
                     And that is a key point - (ben_tilly)
                     Not - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                         Well, it still depends on the person's abilities - (tonytib)
                         Just a system? - (broomberg) - (5)
                             Yep - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                 Yep - (deSitter)
                                 OK, time to take my beating - (broomberg) - (2)
                                     Cool - (tuberculosis)
                                     Re: OK, time to take my beating - (gdaustin)

I'm into you like an undersized thong.
51 ms