IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Catch 22
Could agree that lots of these hinted-at cases might well deserve an actually Honest and thorough investigation, unhurried and without an agenda.. We don't know how.

Let's see: last facsimile of that 'worthy goal' found a zealot who ended up finding insufficient data for prosecution of *any* of the laundry list of originally alleged violations -- and became the highest-funded Official Playboy + National Enquirer purveyor of:

Tidbits on the sexual proclicities of Party A, as those appled to Party B (an adult, nor hardly an innocent seductee). Down to DNA testing of the clothing of Party B -- as all political processes closed into an effort at proving that Party A er lied about having sex. So in the end this proved to be an attack on the Presidency itself
- how Much intrusion might another agency of government make? and for what sort of "crimes" ? Unlimited??

Catch 22: there *ARE* no actually competent, disinterested er "fair" persons, raised since childhood - insulated from the daily barrage of noise and innuendo. And cant-free.

ie we simply lack (Heinlein's concept of) a Fairwitness ! Even when (and sincerely) most folk would want certain matters to be indeed "treated apolitically, areligiously". We just can't do that, yet.

Pity.

:[
New Nay, a fairwitness would be a liability - this is politics

Could agree that lots of these hinted-at cases might well deserve an actually Honest and thorough investigation, unhurried and without an agenda.. We don't know how.

Of course not, this is politics. Besides, I wasn't really asking for a honest and thorough investigation. Hell, any investigation is likely to turn up dirt. Congress' last attempt to investigate the Rich Marc investigation (hmm...so why is Cheney's energy policy meeting exempt from Congress investigations and Presidental pardon's aren't? Wierd) was already was turning up dirt, which is why they shut down the investigations so fast. (Took what, 2 days after what's-his-name took the stand.)

Which is why I can't figure out this report. Ya think they would want to bury that story (that there are direct links between an FBI 10 most-wanted-list and Cheney's chief of staff). Why leak out this story? The only guess I've got is they wanted this story out 6 month to a year ago and it's just a delayed reaction.

innuendo and gossip or high crimes and misdemeanors? - (boxley) - (6)
         Pure, "unnamed sources say" innuendo. Gossip. C'mon Bill - (Ashton) - (5)
             The thing I don't get... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Catch 22 - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Nay, a fairwitness would be a liability - this is politics - (Simon_Jester)
             How much more authority do you need? - (jb4) - (1)
                 He was just a Pres. - (Ashton)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

47 ms