IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: A convert to the cause

Don't bring your immature, pathetic paranoia and racist views in to pollute this forum as well !!!

Make your post but for once just STFU at the end of it.

Marlowe SEZ:

"
I say:

If only the America-hating left were so reasonable.

But I can still remember when Apple was the villain.
"
New Huh?
To all who don't know: I don't read the Politics or Religion fora, or even some of the other...more post-intensive...fora here. If you want to know which fora I don't read, check out [link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/YendorMike|my TWiki page]. In addition, generally once a thread has turned into a name-calling flame-fest, I tune out.

That being given as a preface...

Doug, how are Marlowe's comments in [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=74604|this post] really any different from my own comments in [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=74576|this post]? We both quoted bits of a story, posted links to them, and gave our own comments afterwards. Perhaps you agree with my position and disagree with his. Perhaps you have prior arguments with him from other fora (that I don't read), and just don't like him.

Either way, [link|http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=AFAICT&Find=Find|AFAICT], he and I have done the exact same thing in two successive top-level posts here. You dragged him over the coals for it, and you apologized to me for re-posting my topic without any comment on the fact that I felt like giving my own comments on the topic at hand.

I don't get it.
Mike "Yendor" Vitale

[link|http://www.hope-ride.org/|http://www.hope-ride.org/]
New Your own post says it all - tks
"gave our own comments afterwards."

*Your* comments were related to what you posted. Period.

"Marlowe's comments"
Part of Marlowe's comments had nothing to do with with what he posted here but was his immature way of cross polluting from War-on-Terror which he has practically single handedly polluted. He just couldn't help himself. He uses that phrase a lot as defence when he gets challenged over his comments.

When someone starts posting baited remarks or starts trolling - we can try to ignore it, but just for for so long - if they don't go away but take a lead in posting in a particular forum - then comes a time to kick them in the head.

Any time Marlowe posts here and sticks to the topic, he gets supported,or debated or left alone - if Marlowe begins trying to pollute this forum there are those of us who will call him out.

You might tune out with name calling - some of us tune out with trolls & baiting. Some of us who like the best of what IWETHEY offers, will take a stand. The best that IWETHEY offers is an opportunity to learn about & debate important issues. The worst is dealing with characteristically insensitive people on a Jihad or who may be dumping their personality disorders on other posters here.

Cheers Doug

PS the last thing Marlowe needs is a 'rescuer'.
Expand Edited by dmarker Jan. 15, 2003, 06:51:13 PM EST
New Actually, a numbers of others are just as bad
or worse at sneaking political comments into other forums.

Tony
New "or worse" - pray tell mon ami - who? <grin>

But *please* post the response in Flame forum & away from this one lest we all are guilty of polluting it more than it is being polluted already <grin>

Cheers Doug

(I kinda doubt that you can come up with worse than I can re Mr M :-)
New I don't like asbestos
so I avoid the Flame forum..... any debate about which posts go too far is very much a matter of personal opinion & judgement (just like discussing media bias). Since I don't like starting flame wars, I'll go no further.

I'd just prefer EVERYONE posted political stuff in that forum ONLY.

Tony
     A convert to the cause - (marlowe) - (14)
         Re: A convert to the cause - (dmarker) - (5)
             Huh? - (Yendor) - (4)
                 Your own post says it all - tks - (dmarker) - (3)
                     Actually, a numbers of others are just as bad - (tonytib) - (2)
                         "or worse" - pray tell mon ami - who? <grin> - (dmarker) - (1)
                             I don't like asbestos - (tonytib)
         Re: Some people do respond...and some don't - (jb4)
         When was Apple the "enemy"? - (Brandioch) - (6)
             Maybe back in the Franklin Ace days...? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Maybe back in the Franklin Ace days...? - (orion)
             Subversives and Gays - Gay Subversives even -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Nah, that is part of their user base - (orion)
             Apple is their own worst enemy - (orion)
             Re: When was Apple the "enemy"? - (orion)

One shall be the number of Mojo Jojos in the world, and the number of Mojo Jojos in the world shall be one. Two Mojo Jojos is too many, and three is right out!
127 ms