IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ah... yes now I see it...
I like your hack... tis literal brilliance. I like to make less work out of more...

The way it worked out would be a great *trick*... if you know what I mean!

Does it add to the interpretation time? Or is it basically transparent?

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]   [link|http://pascal.rockford.com:8888/SSK@kQMsmc74S0Tw3KHQiRQmDem0gAIPAgM/edcurry/1//|ED'S GHOST SPEAKS!]
Heimatland Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
These [link|http://www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/cyberstrategy-draft.html|Civilian General Orders], please memorize them.
"Questions" will be asked at safety checkpoints.
New Interpretation time
"Does it add to the interpretation time? Or is it basically transparent?"

The glue code? Its no worse than any other built-in function in CLIPS. The whole interpreter is a base parser with plugins. A bunch of the plugins are "built-ins" but that just means the default initialization code registers those plugins. The mechanism is the same regardless. A function can also register a parser function - or not. I register one that takes over until the closing bracket, pops that off the stream and then gives back control after marshalling/binding and calling FScript.

So its basically transparent. Phillipe was amused. I need to clean up the object-to-fact mapper before releasing it to the world.
I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:59:06 AM EDT
New Re: Interpretation time
This again sounds extremely like FORTH, with CREATE DOES> giving dynamic runtime behavior. Also, you can override a FORTH word simply by redefining it - you get a helpful "isn't unique" message. The older version will never be found in a dictionary search. If you FORGET the new definition, the old one will be uncovered. This covering I think is a really fundamental idea because it provides a determinate context. You never have to worry about scope because the entire environment is built around scope. Extended FORTH can switch contexts on the fly with VOCABULARY and DEFINITIONS. The root vocabulary is simply called FORTH. Is there an ST analogy?

-drl
New Root object
in Smalltalk is an object of type SystemDictionary named Smalltalk. So, if you want to get hold of the object that represents the String class you could do something like:

(Smalltalk at: #String) compile: 'becomeRaspberry self become: ''ppppppppppppp'''.

Or something like that.
Which would add a method becomeRaspberry to the String class.

I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:01:00 AM EDT
     Off on disability means I can try and train myself - (orion) - (18)
         Uh huh, like an athlete doing sprints with a torn hamstring - (tuberculosis) - (17)
             If that is the same guy *I* know of... - (folkert) - (13)
                 Yeah - he organizes esug - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                     Umm.... Which... - (folkert) - (10)
                         Probably - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                             Sure you were... It's your story... Grumpy... - (folkert) - (8)
                                 Looks bigger than us.. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Broncos -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                         Oh Yeah - (deSitter)
                                 Actually, I think thats pure stress - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                     Ah... yes now I see it... - (folkert) - (3)
                                         Interpretation time - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                             Re: Interpretation time - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 Root object - (tuberculosis)
                     What a bunch of wussies - (deSitter)
             Fantastic stuff, thanks -NT - (deSitter)
             A question for you. - (orion) - (1)
                 Its a VM - (tuberculosis)

Zeptotechnology is just around the corner!
164 ms