IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Okay, *now* I'm playing Quake...
when it runs almost anything but wince, then i might be impressed :)

ducking and running..

seriously tho..802.11 wireless stuff rocks. We've been using it extensively at work for a few months now.
-----
Steve
New 802.11 is cool, just don't let it loose on your LAN
WEP is still, AFAIK, fundamentally insecurable. SSIDs and MAC addresses are broadcast in the clear, and the keys (if you're using encryption) are parsable from the authentication frames. So put your AP's on the other side of a firewall.
That's her, officer! That's the woman that programmed me for evil!
New Security
Actually, we only have one AP on our corporate LAN and that's just been for testing purposes, and is behind a firewall.

Our primary use is with transportable Point-Of-Sale (POS, and yes, the other meaning of the acronym does apply as weel ;-)) systems. We use a Win95 server and DOS clients communicating via TCP/IP over the wireless. The stuff that goes across the air is individual transactions, which I'm not too concerned about. The real question is when those transaction involve credit cards.

I haven't yet determined "how" in the clear cc numbers might be, seems to me I read recently that even encrypted transmissions over 802.11 are relatively easy to crack so I'm going to be digging around a bit to check that out.

-----
Steve
New Read this
[link|http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/wireless.pdf|http://www.cs.umd.e...wireless.pdf]
That's her, officer! That's the woman that programmed me for evil!
New Thanks!
-----
Steve
     Okay, *now* I'm playing Quake... - (tseliot) - (5)
         Re: Okay, *now* I'm playing Quake... - (Steve Lowe) - (4)
             802.11 is cool, just don't let it loose on your LAN - (tseliot) - (3)
                 Security - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                     Read this - (tseliot) - (1)
                         Thanks! -NT - (Steve Lowe)

Not even for a Scooby Snack...?
65 ms