I swore off SCO a LONG time ago... as soon as I couldn't get it to ignore using DNS first... instead of /etc/hosts... (that was the final straw though)... as the resolver wasn't "built" for that functionality... as we all know SCO has/had/*STILL HAS* a better way ...

I keep reminding myself... slices are my friend... and remembering how to manually edit disklabels... whenever I go back to that.

Oh, you bring back the Horrors to mind... very similar results with HP-UX v8 upgrades... Were going from 7.04e(somethingsomethingsomething)or newer to 8.0 was okay to do, but *IF* you just happened to be at 7.04d or before... the whole configs for the 2nd-?th HP-IB (HP-IA? can't remember) buses were history... UNLESS you had one fix installed for UUCP compatibiity with VMS thru a serial bus mux or something silly... and a boot from tape... providing you COULD find the DDS(1) tape and get it to be read in the DDS-2+ drive... (yeah right...)

Eeks... the tricks we fleetingly forget... and wishing we never had to remember them...

Anyhow, sound like you deserve that BEEEYAH... Have Frothy one...