IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New www.new.net - boy did I get taken
I got an email from them about registering domains using a whole new swag of suffixes.

[link|http://www.new.net|See new.net site]

I had been waiting for months for the .biz & other ICANN initiatives to find their way to consumers. My goal was to register my family name & a business I want to get into. So I registered 10 domain vairations of three names. $35/yr for 2 years each. Days later. because I couln't get access to these new domains, I went back to new.net's site then I discover in their own press section that they are a private company with no domain authority who are at war with ICANN & are attempting to get ISPs around the world to go along with their private money making scheme.

I feel they are possibly indulging in a deceptive prctice in implying that these domain names are useable (I still can't access any on mine).

Has anyone else come across new.net ?

Cheers

Doug Marker
New Yes, there've been a number of news articles . . .
. . . about them and what they are doing. The way it works is: when a router sees any of their domains, it routes to their server, then they handle it from there. Not all ISPs are cooperating and programming their routers for the new.net domains. If there are many holdouts, new.net is history, as are the "domains" purchased from them.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: The concept is actually very good - pity ICANN didn't
get off their b** and do something as innovative.

I am guessing I have lost the money - I wrote to new.net saying how appalled I was to discover they have no real domain authority - but I do like the concept they have implemented. What I don't know is how viable it is in terms of the many suffixes it allows (that is, is there a potential performance issue?).

Cheers

Doug Marker

www.cartercopters.llc
www.cartercopters.ltd
www.cartercopters.inc
www.cartercopter.inc
www.cartercopter.ltd
www,marker.family
www.hewlett.family
www.marker.ltd
www.marker.inc

(sheesh it sure adds up quick)
New I have a few of those too.
But I didn't get taken. They work fine on @Home's networks.

I got mine more for my family, so I don't care if I have to tell them to add another DNS server to their machine's settings.
Regards,

-scott anderson
     www.new.net - boy did I get taken - (dmarker) - (3)
         Yes, there've been a number of news articles . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Re: The concept is actually very good - pity ICANN didn't - (dmarker2)
         I have a few of those too. - (admin)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment.
34 ms