I am fed up with all of those Perl 5 counters that just don't want to work, I cannot use backslashes so I use forward slashes, yet it still won't work!

C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\counter\\counter.pl is where the perl counter is. I installed ActivePerl, and it should run it with just me changing the paths, right? Wrong!

I tried back slashes, forward slashes, taking off the root directories, how in the heck am I supposed to get this thing working for Windows 2000 and IIS 5.0? Matt's Script Archive counter.pl, but it does not apear to work!

Any EXE or C based IIS 5.0 compliant counter that works for free? One where I don't have to download a couple of libraries like fly, zlib, lpgn, and other crap to try and compile only to have the C++ compiler break down and give me an unknown error like C1076, etc? I tried tweaking the memory stacks to increase them to get rid of the heap errors, but it didn't do anything to make that error go away.

I just want one I can place in a cgi-bin directory that runs for Windows 32 bit and produces an IMG tag with the src pointing to the program. Why is it so hard to find one that will do that, and for free?