IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: In deep s*** - need help !!! - upgraded wife's iBook OS9
I'm sorry I didn't get to this post until now (though it IS great reading). I don't know how much you have acquired of MacSpeak but I do figure quite a bit by now. Well here are a couple of pointers ... I would give you links but hell if I could remember where I found em :)

1. Now that you are installed and running fine boot with the OSX Installer CD and notice at the top left next to the Apple a menu....click on it and choose disk utilities. Once launched notice on the right a series of tabs. Choose the First Aid tab. On the left choose the drive (partition) with OSX on it. You will notice it now enables a couple of buttons (verify and repair disk permissions) Apple like to own the show here. Choose repair. It gives you output so you can see what goes on. When you are done back out of everything. Watch how much faster the boot is :) Do it from time to time to keep it in good shape.

2. The Apple command key (the one that looks like a four leaf clover), Hold that down on bootup. That is Apple's version of multi boot it will show all OS's it can find to boot (Tip... put your CD in before this process and you can point to an OS on the CD.) A side note regarding the version of "Classic". At work I had a later version of the 9.2.x running fine and when I put it on X it puked.........reason being.... with each version of Apples OS they upgrade hard drive drivers. Apple store proprietary drivers in hidden partitions similar to other manufacturers (Compaq, IBM.....)Even though the version (OS9) you have could be newer (as in my case) the low level drivers wouldn't let it run. The version of "Classic" fit for OSX is 9.2 (though I am getting strange 9.1.3 indentifications with tools I am using). Another thing worth noting is ..... when formating the PHYSICAL drive ... you need to tell it to install the OS9 drivers or you will not get it (OS9) to run period.

3. When in OSX go to system preferences.... you will see a control panel for "Classic" (which I am sure it is poinnting to the correct system folder now)....on the second tab are some advanced options.....choose rebuild the desktop...make this a routine also :)

I could list more but am running out of steam. I hope these things give you back some control of your box .........
a box ....is a box....is a box....
New Mark!!!!
Great to see you here.

Things going well? Missed you the other day at GRCC... went to LOTR:TT on the day the UPS was screwed with...

TTFN... CYA later!

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]
[link|http://pascal.rockford.com:8888/SSK@kQMsmc74S0Tw3KHQiRQmDem0gAIPAgM/edcurry/1//|ED'S GHOST SPEAKS!]
Your friendly Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
[link|http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,56742,00.html| Wi-Fi Terrorism] comes with an all inclusive
free trip to the local Hoosegow!
I'll never tell, my *overly-red* lips are sealed! *wink* *wink*
New Re: Mark!!!!
Glad to be able to find a few minutes to make it to a sane space;)

Built a 12' bookcase on my front porch during the cold snap we had here (Yes, Got Pics) and a few other side jobs have kept me nutz.

I heard you guys had a great time at the opening of LOTR:TT. Good to hear :) We still gotta dinner date ;) I just gotta disappear for a bit to make it happen.

You folks still carry NexTel??
What was I THINKING when I said " I can do that" ?????????
     In deep s*** - need help !!! - upgraded wife's iBook OS9.1 X - (dmarker) - (33)
         A couple of questions - (tjsinclair) - (29)
             Re: Today I am a *lot* happier - even excited about OS X - (dmarker) - (28)
                 Good to hear! - (tjsinclair) - (27)
                     Now have configured Classic for auto start - (dmarker) - (26)
                         /icon->apps->utilities->terminal, pull pud in joy! -NT - (boxley) - (25)
                             Make sure you get the Developer tools - (tjsinclair) - (24)
                                 NOW I AM REALLY PISSED OFF !!!!@ - (dmarker) - (23)
                                     Now, calm down - (tjsinclair) - (22)
                                         Re: Now, calm down - Thanks for the soothing words <grin> - (dmarker) - (21)
                                             Smack - head first into brick wall - have bloody nose - (dmarker) - (20)
                                                 Yeesh - (tjsinclair) - (19)
                                                     Out of pure frustration am starting from scratch - (dmarker) - (18)
                                                         Brickwalls to the left o me, brickwalls to the right, ... - (dmarker) - (17)
                                                             Being a downright persistent sob - I wiped disk & did 10.2 - (dmarker) - (16)
                                                                 Yikes -- Hope you have better luck -NT - (tjsinclair)
                                                                 Must agree upgrade to 10.2 was a little rocky - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                                                                     Have you considered just going straight to 10.2? - (tjsinclair) - (13)
                                                                         10.2 Up and running - I stupidly tried then to install 9.2.1 - (dmarker) - (12)
                                                                             Any ideas ? -since installing 10.2 can't seem to boot CDs ? - (dmarker) - (11)
                                                                                 Re: Any ideas ? -since installing 10.2 can't seem to boot CD - (orion) - (10)
                                                                                     After days of brickwalls - back to 9.1/10.0 - it works ... - (dmarker) - (9)
                                                                                         You can always go to 9.2 with 10.0 - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                                                                             Re: You can always go to 9.2 with 10.0 - (dmarker) - (7)
                                                                                                 Re: You can always go to 9.2 with 10.0 - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                                                                                                     Followed all but 1 step - (dmarker)
                                                                                                     Progress report - folloing your approach - (dmarker2) - (4)
                                                                                                         Just a thought - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                                                                                                             Thanks to y'all - Now am cooking with gas ... - (dmarker)
                                                                                                             Apple Support say that the reason for the error mesg is .... - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Glad to hear it... - (folkert)
         Re: In deep s*** - need help !!! - upgraded wife's iBook OS9 - (molbdron) - (2)
             Mark!!!! - (folkert) - (1)
                 Re: Mark!!!! - (molbdron)

The genius of it is that it was designed for any idiot to use.
70 ms