IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: but what about biz modeling?
Besides, I would like to see how OO shines for *business modeling*, not so much GUI's and IDE's. I can live with OO GUI's. They are the least of my OO headaches.

There is a rich supply of literature about using OO for business modeling. An excellent new book that is coming out is at [link|http://domainlanguage.com/|http://domainlanguage.com/]. You can download the draft for free.

Now if you could just read it with an open mind...
Regards,
John Urberg
New what others?
There is a rich supply of literature about using OO for business modeling

Aside from the cited draft book (still downloading), what existing books would you recommend? Somebody mentioned a Martin Fowler book, but I found some distasteful practices in it. Mr. Fowler does not seem to "get" relational databases, so he reinvents his own NDB and HDB in app code.
Aside from the cited draft book (still downloading), what existing books would you recommend? Somebody mentioned a Martin Fowler book, but I found some distasteful practices in it. Mr. Fowler does not seem to "get" relational databases, so he reinvents his own NDB and HDB in app code.

There is nothing I can recommend to someone who doesn't understand a domain model is not reinventing a database...

Regards,
John Urberg
New The fault is on your side, not mine
There is nothing I can recommend to someone who doesn't understand a domain model is not reinventing a database...

Well then Chris Date must be a retard then. All those big-name campuses buying and teaching from books by a retard. Whatta racket!
Expand Edited by tablizer Dec. 27, 2002, 10:20:58 PM EST
New comments on Domain-Driven Design
I finally downloaded it, but don't see a lot of examples nor source code. UML can be implemented many different ways.
             OO has a better form that Procedural programming - (orion) - (6)
                 but what about biz modeling? - (tablizer) - (5)
                     Re: but what about biz modeling? - (johnu) - (4)
                         what others? - (tablizer) - (2)
                             Re: what others? - (johnu) - (1)
                                 The fault is on your side, not mine - (tablizer)
                         comments on Domain-Driven Design - (tablizer)
             I don't believe you. - (static) - (1)
                 Compiler shit is a red herring - (tablizer)
         re: "deliberate" - (tablizer)

You are the antipost.
148 ms