IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Maybe you get it, just a little bit
I think you'll notice that those here who have suggested that you "get off the Internet for awhile", were nOT saying: "Norman, GTF Outta Here because I want to see you Dead'. Those (and I among them) think that your addiction to the play-roles is an escape from facing habits which have gottten you to (wherever it is you are, currently).

You Can.. kick this habit - some manage to do that with the most addictive substance known: nicotine alkaloid.

If you manage that, the time.. the Time you save - can be used productively. You can find out what you can do well enough to feed self & all. You might find that VB may be as hazardous to your mental state as.. nicotine. And if you are having trouble remembering (what you Know you already knew) re such things as "checking IP addresses", say: then I.T. is sure to require more memorization of useless trivia than --

Most any area of work I can imagine. Y'know?

Of course the idea is scary, of starting over elsewhere: but, what have you to lose? except - the agony of not being able to satisfy the exact kinds of people you know that you cannot get along with, as bosses.

You've asked for advice here many times. No one can seem to recall your ever acting on any of it. Clue there, somewhere.

And no, just currently - I wouldn't say that you are posting here a whole lot. Just try to make the topic something other than: the usual. OK?

e-Machine - main negative is the puny PS. But that's OK for most sane usage which doesn't need a liquid-nitrogen cooled video card. None of the 3 seems to have garnered a single hdwre glitch in now 18 months. I may need to setup an alternative soon, for a friend stuck with a fucked-Dell, but it will have to accommodate a GEForce video card yada yada.. so I guess I'll be looking to see if later e-Ms have ramped up the PS to at least 200 Watts.

(On mine, there isn't even a spare 'Y' on the PS for adding another HD - but the sucker was able to routinely install W2K-Pro on a new 80GB HD, so there aren't any obscure mem. or other defects - either.) Nothing wrong with Korean techno in my estinmation.. and they are matching Japan in auto construction quality, in a few samples - per the mavens who care about such stuff.

Cheers,
Ashton
When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy.

-Paul Richards
New Kick the habit, find a new system
I kicked the smoking habit long ago, kicking the Internet habit is a lot harder than it looks. Kicking the IWETHEY habit is just as hard.

Anyway try [link|http://www.newegg.com|NewEgg] and have them build a custom system with a better power supply. They have done me right, and sold me and my brother and my Father-In-Law (He'd tell you, but he passed away in November, part of my depression now) got good systems from them. Better than an E-Machine, but it will cst a bit more. They do have a used section too, if you don't mind used.

Or try [link|http://www.computergeeks.com|Computer Geeks] and see if you can get one of those Genelco $30USD ATX cases and transplant some of the E-Machine guts into it with maybe a new motherboard and CPU? Hard Drive, CD-ROM, Video Card, etc should all be able to be moved.

For an Alternative Nearly To Imitate IWETHEY please visit [link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|the ANTIIWETHEY Board]
providing an alternative to IWETHEY since December 2002
     Oh, you sad, stupid F*ck - everybody KNOWS that already! - (CRConrad) - (14)
         Well I like you too - (orion)
         Listen up Snickerdoodle - (orion) - (11)
             Please want to - (folkert) - (2)
                 I can quit anytime I want to, baby! - (orion) - (1)
                     Quitting smoking is very easy... - (ChrisR)
             We have freedom of speech, even if we can't spell 'speech' -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 You say Tamato, and I say Tomato - (orion) - (6)
                     Your only 'point' is squarely atop your dense head. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         But I do - (orion) - (4)
                             Am always glad to be wrong in such guesses. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Maybe you get it, just a little bit - (orion) - (2)
                                     Re: Maybe you get it, just a little bit - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Kick the habit, find a new system - (orion)
         I changed my sig so that even you can understand it - (orion)

Sorry, you are not a winner.
41 ms