IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny tidbit on Microsoft tactics
I'm doing my absolute darnedest to steer my corp toward J2EE over ASP. In my fact-finding I stumbled across MS' Computer Dictionary online. Looking up Java Server Pages, it said, "See JSP." Fine.

JSP
n. Short for JavaServer Pages. A technology created by Sun Microsystems to enable development of platform-independent Web-based applications. Using HTML and XML tags and Java scriptlets, JSP helps Web site developers create cross-platform programs. JSP scriptlets run on the server, not in a Web browser, and generate dynamic content on Web pages, with the ability to integrate content from a variety of data sources, such as databases, files, and JavaBean components. Web site developers can concentrate on design and display of a Web site without the need for application development expertise. See also Java, JavaBean. Compare Active Server Pages.

Decent write-up, actually.

So I decided to see what the MS COmputer Dictionary had to say about [link|http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/products/1031/4th/default.asp#A|ASP]. It said, of course, "See Active Server Pages."

There is no entry for Active Server Pages.

Must have been obsoleted.
That's her, officer! That's the woman that programmed me for evil!
New Heh.. sounds like the theological dictionary.
Countless refs, to 'God', naturally and via various Names and attributed personalities and peculiarities - all linked to presumably.. master definition Thereof:

which is ___ (blank, of course)

Now when a Corporation writes its Own dictionaries and encyclop\ufffddias: what do we call that?

Ah the Human Comedy..

A.
only we could have invented 'the Corporate entity', all homo-sap-like but - freed of all those constraints!

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..
New Why not PHP?
J2EE is simply buying into another greedy cooporation (Sun).

Why go from being dccked around by one coorporation to being dccked around by another? Their API grows like a mad weed to keep OSS, IBM, and others out of their pie.

Sun is almost as slimey as MS. If you really want to escape what sucks about MS, then go OSS.
     Funny tidbit on Microsoft tactics - (tseliot) - (3)
         Heh.. sounds like the theological dictionary. - (Ashton)
         Why not PHP? - (tablizer) - (1)
             Talk to the hand. -NT - (tseliot)

Home of the stash-bringing masher!
51 ms