IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Apologize for excessive mac-ness
Actually I spend my day jumping between OS X, Win2K, Linux and Solaris. It's a wonder I can keep my own name straight.

The Applications folder is on the root of the disk (or partition, hereafter referred to as /) where you installed OS X.

User home directories are under /Users (note the capitalization)

Utilities are usually found in /Applications/Utilities

You can drag application icons to your Dock and create a custom launcher.

Folders can also be dragged to the Dock. If you right-click (or Ctrl-leftclick) on the folder icon in the Dock, you'll get a hierarchical menu of the folder's contents.

Applications go on the left hand side of the Dock, folders and documents on the right hand side.

There isn't really a Start menu per se, but as you can see above, you can roll your own.

It takes some getting used to but once you get there, you can work quite effectively.

You may also want to launch System Preferences (in the Dock by default or accessible from the Finder menu) and poke around with the options.

If you want to set an app to launch at login, use the Login Items preference pane in System Preferences.

If you have an application with multiple windows open, you can access individual windows by right-clicking (or Ctrl-leftclicking or just left-click and hold) and select the window by name.

Hope this clears some things up. Please keep reminding me when I make too many assumptions.
Tom Sinclair

"Everybody is someone else's weirdo."
- E. Dijkstra
New Thanks again
I'll be printing this stuff out to bring with me when I go over this weekend. Until I'm sitting at the keyboard it's a little too abstract to try to retain.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New HTF do you right click a single button mouse?
I dont know that one.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

You think that you can trust the government to look after your rights? ask an Indian
New You press the apple button while you click
or whatever that weird swirly thing is where you'd find the "windows" key on all the new pc keyboards.

"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Actually, you press the <Ctrl> key while you click

This made for an interesting side effect when I was testing a simple MFC app using VNC client from my TiBook. The application kept telling me I was sending a <Ctrl> click when I would have sworn I was actually right-clicking.

Then the nickel dropped....

Tom Sinclair

"Everybody is someone else's weirdo."
- E. Dijkstra
New my mistake
it's been a long time since I've used a Mac. Back when I was a contractor for the Naval Research Labs.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New You get used to...
Buying a USB Optical MS Mouse... Then you can!!!

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
[link|http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,56742,00.html|Wi-Fi enabled device use] comes with an all inclusive
free trip to the (county)Photographer!

Overbooking, is a problem, please be prepared for "room-ies".

Why You ask? Here is the answer to your query:
SELECT * FROM politicians WHERE iq > 40 OR \\
  WHERE ego < 1048575;
0 rows found
New Was going to ask that
As cool as the Mac mouse looks, I wouldn't want to do without the scroll wheel. So with a multi-button mouse (with a scroll wheel) do things get mapped "properly" on a Mac?
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Yup, just about any old USB mouse should work
I plugged a MS (two button + scrollwheel) mouse in my iBook once, and it worked straight away - scrollwheel and all.
John. Busy lad.
     mac.users ++ - (drewk) - (12)
         Welcome! - (tjsinclair) - (10)
             Thanks much - (drewk) - (9)
                 Apologize for excessive mac-ness - (tjsinclair) - (8)
                     Thanks again - (drewk)
                     HTF do you right click a single button mouse? - (boxley) - (6)
                         You press the apple button while you click - (cwbrenn) - (2)
                             Actually, you press the <Ctrl> key while you click - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                                 my mistake - (cwbrenn)
                         You get used to... - (folkert) - (2)
                             Was going to ask that - (drewk) - (1)
                                 Yup, just about any old USB mouse should work - (Meerkat)
         ssh for remote access turn up the firewall under net - (boxley)

is there more coffee... can I have another cup... you wanna cup I can make some more... I have alot... I mean I have this pot here... but its almost gone and its been sitting there for 10 minutes anyway... I should make more... did I ask if you needed coffee??? do you??? need coffee I mean...
66 ms