1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Excuse me?
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New *rotfl*
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New That was for you BP ;-)
New ya know, Watt is a fscking idiot. But,
even he says....

I think anybody could interpret that his words were racist...

Are we done w/this yet?
New He also says exactly what I've been saying.
I suspect that this issue will be used to incite people and to inflame people, which is unfortunate. You'll have people from both sides, Republican and Democrat, who'll jump on him and jump off his bandwagon because they don't want to look as if they're coddling a racist. But as I said, I don't think his sentiments were expressed to be racist; I think he was praising a colleague at his 100th birthday party, his retirement party

He even mirrors another sentiment of mine

A Washington Post reporter who came to my district did an interview with me. In this interview, he told me, "Well, there are many in the black leadership who believe you're a sellout, you're an 'Uncle Tom.'" I said, "Look, I can handle that. This is America. They can believe what they want to believe. But you know, I believe there are some of those same people who I believe are race-hustling poverty pimps. I think they use race and poverty as an industry."

And now the old JC ain't there anymore...the "Uncle Tom" accusation hangs on Colin Powell.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New One More Thing
The supposedly liberal press ignored it until Internet gossip brought it to everyone's attention. The Internet clearly drove the large media interests. I think Drudge was pointed out as an early source.
-drl
New Librul Press Corrects *Strom Thurmond 32nd President of US* (new thread)
Created as new thread #68945 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=68945|Librul Press Corrects *Strom Thurmond 32nd President of US*]
When the rich assemble to concern themselves with the business of the poor, it is called Charity. When the poor assemble to concern themselves with the business of the rich, it is called Anarchy.

-Paul Richards
     Watt Lott? - (boxley) - (13)
         And only a hill-jack, inbred, okie ... - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             Excuse me? -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                 *rotfl* -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 That was for you BP ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 ya know, Watt is a fscking idiot. But, - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     He also says exactly what I've been saying. - (bepatient)
                     One More Thing - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Librul Press Corrects *Strom Thurmond 32nd President of US* (new thread) - (Ashton)
         "Taking care of" Your Own, for fun & profit - (Ashton)
         He Said It TWICE Before! - (Ashton) - (3)
             When was #2? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Ah.. missed stupefying link. 3's a Charm! He rilly MEANs it -NT - (Ashton)
             and of course all KKK members should resign as well -NT - (boxley)

We have a moral imperative.
111 ms