IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Uh, I think he means *America* is the "kitchen".
Actually, no - I was hoping it would be a "union of cultures". I love the Russian writers, and want to know more about the world they lived in.
-drl
New Well, personally . . .
. . I find a Russian accent unattractive in a woman, so Russians are out for me. Little details easily swamp out all major considerations.

Of course, your mileage may vary. Human sexuality is powerful and highly erratic, and has been stretched by social evolution far beyond nature's original intent, so there's no way I'd advise another on preferences. After all, some guys get off on being whipped by rough talking ladies in pointy heel boots and scanty black leather gear (with chrome studs and chains, oh my!). Who am I to say they're wrong? Some may even prefer women with Russian accents.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Ah yes.. accents
IMhO a large topic, often ignored in Murican culture as we kiddies grow up. The teeth get fixed; the voice moulders, y'know? she goes.. he goes.. Awk Awk {sheesh}

In my personal er lab.. I noticed that certain accents have proven magnetic. (And I think.. I perceived this early-on) This can be a problem of course - sow's ear in a silk purse? But more generally - that magic word mellifluous is, I strongly suspect, as large an attraction (for most folks) as our marketed tawdry visual Plastic-Beauty stereotypes, conditioned by the Ad Perfect-Specimen, all of which we encounter well before we can even talk, ourselves.

Groupthink again. Many great partners are elided over this inane mercantile blinder - hmmm that story may be the major sub-plot in many Murican stories: the bookseller woman w/glasses + Bogart in The Big Sleep (or was it the Other one?).

Conversely.. some Vision can quickly become a Sight.. after say, Valley-guhl patois comes out of that otherwise attractive voice box. I believe that this was better understood before our time - how very important is the sound, modulation, pacing. It's commonly supposed here (esp. re the upper-class Brit accent) that attention to voice is mainly a social-climbing affectation. Clearly one's motivation can be just this shallow, but I'm trying to address the pheromone aspect! not the banal money-association BS. (The poverty of imagination of the born-idle rich has been well explored - even w/o the sour grapes attached.)

I've noticed too, what I think a modrin affectation - a kind of falsetto, seemingly intentional, at least.. at first. I don't mean just the (other) execrable habit of a constant rising lilt to every sentence.. as if asking a question? [like here] but a permanently adolescent little-kid treble. This can be disconcerting in a grown woman whose vocal cords would seem to have er 'matured'. Even a natural soprano does not Have to sound this way; I've talked to enough to hear that as a fact. (Amelita Galli-Curci, a coloratura soprano of immortal status -- had a 'normal' speaking voice; a bit hard to glean from the few samples of her merely speaking)

Ah well, if not in Pygmalion, the original - then in My Fair Lady - was the better illustration of the whole phenom, given the 'elocutionist' ploy in the musical. And uh Men are not immune; women have expounded with comparable observations. IMhO 'mellifluous' sez it all - if ya can grok that and also get that.

Ashton
Poor Garbo; her famously sultry voice and a few comments taken too literally by the press jackals (she later revealed) enforced an isolation she did not desire. Speak UP! [beautifully] silly
New hissing sibilents do it for me, haw haws are annoying
syropy southern is nice, fran drescher and sarah bernhart tickles a latin lilt is good, come to think of it only haw haws, bahston and excessive valley girl giggles turn me off. Of course a fishwife is annoying with her braying in any accent.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Alva Edison
     Three years ago today... - (Steve Lowe) - (46)
         Congrats! -NT - (admin)
         My wife said "Aw... that was sweet!" - (folkert)
         Conradulations! ;^) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Hurrah! And here's to many more. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Superb! Mazel tov! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Well said. - (Ashton)
         lucky man! and many more -NT - (boxley)
         Many more -NT - (rickw)
         Congratumalations! - (Yendor)
         Thanks, guys. - (Steve Lowe)
         It appears that your are... - (Silverlock)
         Love is grand, ain't it? -NT - (bepatient)
         Happiness is a wonderful thing - (Arkadiy) - (32)
             Re: Happiness is a wonderful thing - (deSitter) - (31)
                 How would I know? - (Arkadiy) - (30)
                     Re: How would I know? - (deSitter) - (29)
                         Mail-order bride? - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             Re: Mail-order bride? - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 if you are going there in any case - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: if you are going there in any case - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         I remember reading some time ago - (boxley)
                         Well, if you can't stand the heat . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                             Re: Well, if you can't stand the heat . . . - (deSitter) - (22)
                                 Uh, I think he means *America* is the "kitchen". - (CRConrad) - (21)
                                     he needs someone to help him fix motorcycles - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Ah yes! - (deSitter)
                                     Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                                         Re: Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . . - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             hot? for martha? - (boxley)
                                         And here I had another alternative explanation all lined up! - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                             Men and Women are not entirely compatible . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                                                 they are not insane, you just havnt perfected your - (boxley) - (4)
                                                     Oh, my mind reading isn't all that bad . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                         that works about the best - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Re: that works about the best - (deSitter)
                                                         Communication versus Convincing - (ben_tilly)
                                                 ahem.... - (slugbug) - (4)
                                                     Decades of careful observation - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                         advice from a priest - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                                             Not how I heard it - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                 See? I *knew* it was useful knowledge to spread! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     Re: Uh, I think he means *America* is the "kitchen". - (deSitter) - (3)
                                         Well, personally . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                             Ah yes.. accents - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 hissing sibilents do it for me, haw haws are annoying - (boxley)
         Daggonit tears in my eyes -NT - (wharris2)

The natural irony quotient of the Universe asserting itself in everyday life.
85 ms