I haven't worked with this stuff in ages--like seven years or more. From what little I recall, the Oracle application generators and SQL*Forms philosophy used PL/SQL for nearly all logic.

I do not believe that there was any way to "automate" or interface with the forms themselves outside of hokiness like DDE.

Of course, that was then.

My suggestion would be to see if the business logic does, in fact, reside in PL/SQL packages. If so and if sufficient documentation (or time to reverse-engineer) exists, then you will be able to interface with just about any language that can access the PL/SQL via the OCI.

*** EDIT BEGINS HERE ***

Oops. Sorry. I realize now that you are asking specifically about Oracle Applications rather than some homegrown Oracle applications--a mental prejudice that has built-up over the years while working HR systems.

Although as I understand it through hearsay, except for Oracle Financials, Oracle Applications are about like homegrown Oracle applications, so my suggestion still stands. Please temper your acceptance of it with the knowledge that I have *no* direct experience whatsoever.

*** EDIT ENDED ***

-Mike