IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yabut
how long do you think Kylix will last if the deal goes through? Five nanoseconds or six?
New So? Either FP/Lazarus is done by then, or...
...if FreePascal and *some* "clone-variant" of the VCL class library aren't quite ready yet, just go on using *your existing* copy of Kylix a while longer. I don't think they'll be legally able to revoke your license, yaknow...

And *if* FP/Lazarus (or FP/FreeCLX or FP/Jedi-VCL or whatever) *doesn't* materialize in five years (or whatever; say two or three years after the last release), and you really *are* forced to abandon Kylix for good... Then you've had five years (or whatever) of glorious use of Kylix, so you've still got a heck of a great deal.
   Christian R. Conrad
Mechanisation

As our souls are slowly stolen
The wheels of progress keep steamrolling
Mechanisation melts our minds
To drive the furnace that drives us blind. -- [link|http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/poetry/mechanisation.html|© Conrad Parker, 1993]
New There's no zealot like an old zealot :-)
New Zealot? Hey, I thought he was just an old Galilean beggar...
     NOOOOOOO------- - (folkert) - (18)
         Was just about to post that - (drewk)
         Yeah, well... I don't think I'm the only fan they'd lose. -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
             (And by "fan", I mean PAYING CUSTOMER!) -NT - (CRConrad) - (15)
                 By "they", you mean Borland? - (jb4) - (7)
                     IMO, buying Borland would be a formality. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                         Yup. Why would MS spend the money? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             Yeah, that looks about right. - (inthane-chan)
                             There is only one reason I can think of. (Conrad, plz note). - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 That's the slogan they used at the intro of K1, two yrs ago. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 So where can I get this Kylix? - (lincoln) - (1)
                                     So all my zealotry through the years totally passed you by?? - (CRConrad)
                 Well, Conrad, Looks like I WON'T BE LEARNING KYLIX! -NT - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Hey, it's FAAAR from a "done deal!", yet... So go ahead! -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         Yabut - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             So? Either FP/Lazarus is done by then, or... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 There's no zealot like an old zealot :-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Zealot? Hey, I thought he was just an old Galilean beggar... -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Maybe this is M$'s intent. - (Meerkat)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky...
65 ms