IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It does make travelling more fun, though...
It's been my experience that in order to have a good time travelling in a foreign country, it's not actually necessary to speak the language. It's only necessary to try. Most people are flattered when they see that you, the exotic visitor from a distant land, find their country and customs so interesting that are trying to speak their language. Then, since they're happy, they'll go out of their way to make you happy.

Personally, I want to learn a lot of languages. First, I want to relearn Tamil and learn Sanskrit, so that a) I can speak to all my relatives in India, and b) understand what's going on during religious services. Next, I want to learn Spanish and Cantonese, because they are probably the two most common non-English languages I run into in the US. Japanese and French would be nice, for anime and art flicks, but not strictly necessary.

But sadly, it appears to be much harder to learn human languages than programming languages. :/
New Yes, they like you trying.
I found that in Japan. They were taken with the fact you were trying to communicate in their language. Of course, the Japanese are almost always nice to tourists anyway...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

English spoken here - (ben_tilly) - (39)
         Americans are constantly bitched at . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (34)
             The only-logical view ever fails, though - (Ashton) - (27)
                 I heard it was un bloke(bloc) -NT - (boxley)
                 Brings back a memory. - (a6l6e6x) - (24)
                     Ordering poached eggs in Greece. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                         Try ordering... - (Fearless Freep) - (22)
                             THREE good answers?!? - (jb4) - (21)
                                 Re: THREE good answers?!? - (Fearless Freep) - (20)
                                     It's true... - (jb4) - (19)
                                         Maybe, maybe not - (Fearless Freep) - (18)
                                             Sounds DELICIOUS! - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Unfortunately, not - (Fearless Freep)
                                             Green chili, schmili - (wharris2) - (15)
                                                 Actually... - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                                                     That's exactly right... - (jb4) - (6)
                                                         Sorta.. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                             Re: Sorta.. - (swmcnary)
                                                         Also, forgot... - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         You're wrong in the flavor - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                             I'm not talking about Jalapenos... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                 I thought they were wimpy peppers (Biker Billy) - (wharris2)
                                                     Ah, fond memories - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                         ouch! - (Fearless Freep)
                                                 Green chili, schmili give me seal oil! No seal oil? Thai red -NT - (boxley)
                                                 Re: Green chili, schmili - (swmcnary) - (3)
                                                     Re: Green chili, schmili - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                         Re: Green chili, schmili - (swmcnary)
                                                     Re: Green chili, schmili - (Steve Lowe)
                 And around the world - (Ric Locke)
             France is just a small part of the world? - (marlowe) - (2)
                 Yes, but they found it impossible to believe -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     It's EZ: "Any'thing' in omniverse I Don't Know of": *ISN'T* -NT - (Ashton)
             It does make travelling more fun, though... - (neelk) - (1)
                 Yes, they like you trying. - (static)
             They don't comprehend the SIZE of our country - (SpiceWare)
         National Differences - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
             Ahhh.. that clears it up :-) -NT - (Ashton)
             Oy! - (wharris2)
         What good does it do? - (Fearless Freep)

Didn't they bury this game in Mexico or something?
70 ms