IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: At great peril, my 2.
However, I have 2 daughters myself and if either of them became pregnant at 17, there would not be any option for them either. Their pregnancies would be terminated. A teen pregnancy is a mistake. It is unwise to compound one pubescent mistake with a second, far more grievous mistake: allowing the pregnancy to go to term.

However, I have 2 daughters myself and if either of them became pregnant at 17, there would not be any option for them either. Their pregnancies would go to term. A teen pregnancy is a mistake. It is unwise to compound one pubescent mistake with a second, far more grievous mistake: murdering the baby
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New baby^h^h^h^h zygote. Cant error: 401.
New heh...You're both making the same mistake...
in assuming that you'll have final control over the matter. It's not a decision neither of you truly get to make.

And that's from a guy who DOESN'T have daughters...but remembers what 17 year olds truly CAN do.

New Maybe. But I *CAN* cut the money off.
New True. No argument there...

It's important - in situations like this - to remember what you get to decide and what others get to decide.

It's also important to remember that, in this case, your decisions will create a framework for other's decisions. Be wary that you do not force someone into a decision that you do not want.

Decide first what your goals are by first determining what is (most) important to you. Then make decisions that further your goals. If preventing your daughter from 'ruining' her life is the most important thing - by all means, feel free to cut her off. If, however, you find that your relationship with her is the most important thing, then you might want to think twice - such an action may cause her to take a radical course of action - such as moving to a distant state for a job - not to mention a great amount of diswill generated between the two of you.

How you want to react is your decision.

I am annoyed - (boxley) - (38)
         Bad situation. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         At great peril, my 2. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
             no peril - (boxley) - (3)
                 But, should a 17 year-old be allowed to make that decision? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     None... - (ChrisR)
                     this stuff runs smack dab into my belief system - (boxley)
             Re: At great peril, my 2. - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                 baby^h^h^h^h zygote. Cant error: 401. -NT - (Ashton)
                 heh...You're both making the same mistake... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Maybe. But I *CAN* cut the money off. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         True. No argument there... - (Simon_Jester)
             What about choice? - (ChrisR) - (11)
                 Physical Threats are out. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                     I don't see that as a solution... - (ChrisR) - (9)
                         Don't know that I agree, but his position is consistent - (drewk) - (3)
                             Drawing lines in the sand... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                 Not me ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Not being a parent, and not likely to be ... - (Another Scott)
                         Whoa Bessy. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             You're both kinda- right? The inevitable but.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 You're kinda right, too. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Silly CRs in title - at zIWE too ?? [mask! em] - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         D'accord. - (mmoffitt)
             All he had to do was take them to the fair - (boxley) - (1)
                 Don't forget about Morning After D & C's either. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Convenience trumps choice. - (marlowe) - (12)
             Pretty Myopic view. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 How so? (nomsg) -NT - (marlowe) - (10)
                     Because it can't be reduced to doggerel. - (Ashton) - (9)
                         What is life? - (ChrisR) - (8)
                             Re: What is life? - (a6l6e6x)
                             One measurement - (wharris2)
                             Full agreement with last \ufffd Such sanity unlikely in Murica. -NT - (Ashton)
                             Loaded words won't bring consensus. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 A small correction - (GBert) - (2)
                                     Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Actually, it's the story of Onan - (drewk)
                                 Looks like mandatory sex to me - (mhuber)

But don't get all fretty-pants on us.
67 ms