IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New no peril
having a child at 17 is not something I would care to contemplate but I do not make that decision, the bearer of the child does and should have all the facts pro and con then step back and let what happens happen. My kids have already been told, do whatever but grandkids dont live here cause we are going to move when you are 18 and we aint leaving a forwarding address :)
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New But, should a 17 year-old be allowed to make that decision?
Personally, I'm not thrilled that most 20-nothings I know are able to reproduce :-). But a 17 year-old kid? Too young to truly comprehend the consequences, imo. What should be the lower bound for allowing a young girl to decide whether or not to terminate? Its not uncommon for a child in the US to become sexually mature at age 11. Do we allow 11 and 12 year olds to make the choice about continuing a pregnancy?

I'm just not that comfortable with allowing kids to shoot themselves in the foot that easily. Yeah, they shouldn't have had sex, okay, they screwed up (no pun intended). Their judgement was poor. So, do we then allow them to make a decision that could screw up the rest of their lives?

New None...
What should be the lower bound for allowing a young girl to decide whether or not to terminate?
Why should there be a lower boundary at all? A girl that becomes pregnant is, almost by definition, a woman. A woman, no matter their age, should decide the matter.
New this stuff runs smack dab into my belief system
I believe I have th right to do anything at any time, to sustain that belief I must grant it to others. I know, its messed up but I am too old to change now.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
     I am annoyed - (boxley) - (38)
         Bad situation. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         At great peril, my 2. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
             no peril - (boxley) - (3)
                 But, should a 17 year-old be allowed to make that decision? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     None... - (ChrisR)
                     this stuff runs smack dab into my belief system - (boxley)
             Re: At great peril, my 2. - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                 baby^h^h^h^h zygote. Cant error: 401. -NT - (Ashton)
                 heh...You're both making the same mistake... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Maybe. But I *CAN* cut the money off. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         True. No argument there... - (Simon_Jester)
             What about choice? - (ChrisR) - (11)
                 Physical Threats are out. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                     I don't see that as a solution... - (ChrisR) - (9)
                         Don't know that I agree, but his position is consistent - (drewk) - (3)
                             Drawing lines in the sand... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                 Not me ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Not being a parent, and not likely to be ... - (Another Scott)
                         Whoa Bessy. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             You're both kinda- right? The inevitable but.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 You're kinda right, too. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Silly CRs in title - at zIWE too ?? [mask! em] - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         D'accord. - (mmoffitt)
             All he had to do was take them to the fair - (boxley) - (1)
                 Don't forget about Morning After D & C's either. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Convenience trumps choice. - (marlowe) - (12)
             Pretty Myopic view. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 How so? (nomsg) -NT - (marlowe) - (10)
                     Because it can't be reduced to doggerel. - (Ashton) - (9)
                         What is life? - (ChrisR) - (8)
                             Re: What is life? - (a6l6e6x)
                             One measurement - (wharris2)
                             Full agreement with last \ufffd Such sanity unlikely in Murica. -NT - (Ashton)
                             Loaded words won't bring consensus. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 A small correction - (GBert) - (2)
                                     Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Actually, it's the story of Onan - (drewk)
                                 Looks like mandatory sex to me - (mhuber)

import lrpdisms
112 ms