IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Considering just what a bloated piece of...
...shite the Notes client was when I used it (R5) - I'm not surprised they couldn't port it to Linux.

As the [link|http://www.iarchitect.com/lotus.htm|Interface Hall of Shame] states about 4.6, "We wish we found IBM's Lotus Notes a long time ago. This single application could have formed the basis for the entire site. The interface is so problematic, one might reasonably conclude that the designers had previously visited this site, and misread "Hall of Shame" as "Hall of Fame". Lotus Notes 4.6 contains almost every example of inefficient design illustrated thoughout the entire Hall of Shame site."

R5 didn't seem to be much of an improvement over 4.6 - slow, buggy, and horrible - and that's just the e-mail package.

One of these days, I'll have to sit down and figure out why people use it. It probably has to do with the server, because I can't see an ounce of value in the client.
"...the middle of fighting a war against religious extremism is not the time to do something offensive to God." - Some idiot.
New You should have tried 3.x
I was working for a Fortune 100 company at the time they decided to adopt Lotus Notes. They hired Coopers and Lybrand's Notes ubergoob to come and 'splain Notes development to us. He started off by saying, "Before we begin, you must all keep one thing in mind. Lotus Notes does poorly what no other software does at all. Remember that. Lotus Notes does poorly what no other software does at all."

I remember thinking, "Well, with advocacy like that, there's no stopping this product."

New Please, I'm trying to forget! :)
Alex

"Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in these."\t-- Ovid (43 B.C.-A.D. 18)
     I.B.M. to Acquire Rational in Big Move Into Software - (bluke) - (33)
         I sincerely hope they OS/2 it... - (hnick) - (14)
             Ditto -NT - (tuberculosis)
             Jus what I expected... - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                 Run man run - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                     OT: I recently figured out your picture. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         OT: Yep, the picture needs to be square to avoid distortion -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Awright AWRIGHT ALREADY! - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                             Gimp. HTH! :-) - (admin) - (3)
                                 Tried that one - core dumps filled up the hard disk. :-P -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                     On what platform? - (admin) - (1)
                                         Mac OS X - (tuberculosis)
                             There...MUCH better! -NT - (jb4)
             I actually saw it run, once - (wharris2)
             Fat chance - (wharris2) - (1)
                 You may have misunderstood me. - (hnick)
         Re: Rational grabs IBM after flirting with MS who planed to - (dmarker)
         Well there goes another big company to the wayside - (andy kaufman) - (15)
             Re: Off beam - lets be fair about this - (dmarker) - (9)
                 OT: Wow, Doug, you're a LOT cuter than I'd have thought! :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     naw, floggin one of the grands :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     Re: CRC - please accept my appology - was a trick - (dmarker) - (1)
                         Figured; just kidding, "SHE is cute!". No apologies needed. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Re: Off beam - lets be fair about this - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Re PIC - See other explanations I posted - BUT, I did find - (dmarker) - (1)
                         Re: Re PIC - See other explanations I posted - BUT - (deSitter)
                 OT: Must you be that cute? - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                     Re: She does me too :-) - (dmarker)
             Notes and Linux. - (static) - (3)
                 Considering just what a bloated piece of... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     You should have tried 3.x - (mmoffitt)
                     Please, I'm trying to forget! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             I'm not running Lotus' office suite for OS/2? - (SpiceWare)
         Other aspects of the deal: - (admin)

> We didn't need to have you spouting Yoda quotes to know that you're sad... but thanks for the extra effort...
59 ms