IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong.
Addison writes:
If there could be honest negotiation with Cuba, and open the barriers, I'd agree with you. But Cuba isn't allowing outside investment that will destabilize, or cause disruption, but that reinforces the government control.
Yes, Cuba *is too* allowing outside investment! That's what the Helms-Burton Act is all about, remember?

Penalizing third-country companies, or third-countries as a whole for all I know, for... wait for it... yes, exactly: Investing in Cuba.

From what I hear, most of their economy runs on foreign currencies from the "Intourist"-style "special economic zones" (i.e, the grounds around big European- (and Japanese-, etc?) -owned hotel complexes) already.

Which, ironically, would *again* seem to be turning Cubans into a people of busboys, waiters, pimps and hookers to "the white man"... Sure, that may be what some old Americans, and a lot of those idiotic kid-napper wannabe "exile Cubans" (i.e, Hispanic-descended South Floridians) want -- but they better hope the inevitable resentment be directed specifically at the "new Elite" Europeans, then.

Personally, I believe they won't be so bloody petit-maitre about the details, but let you Merkins taste a good share of their frustration at this neo-colonolialism, too. (Which would be doubly ironic, seeing as how, thanks to the Helms-Burton Act, you're innocent this time around -- for *once*!)

So you better hope American money gets in there pretty fast after Fidel puts away the spoon for good, and that they do it *more humbly* than the Big Eurobucks are doing right now, so as to help defuse such tensions. And won't *that* (Merkin Capital having to be -- or at least act -- more humble than us YourPeons, that is) be triply ironic?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Re: Wrong.
You may or maybe not be aware of a very large flow of US dollars from Cuban Americans to their relatives in Cuba. Ironically, that's one of the things "propping up" Fidel.
Alex

Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who feel.
-- Anne Frank
New CRC == GWB?
"...frustration at this neo-colonolialism..."

Have they ever been seen in the same room? No? I rest my case.

:-)
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New No, CRC. And you even quoted the important disclaimer.
But Cuba isn't allowing outside investment that will destabilize, or cause disruption, but that reinforces the government control.

Yes, Cuba *is too* allowing outside investment! That's what the Helms-Burton Act is all about, remember?

Read the *rest of the sentance*. The important part - that would destabilize, or cause disruption.

The outside investment that is being allowed is what the government allows - which will increase the governmental control.

(Which one of the articles linked to in here referenced, as well).

Sure, that may be what some old Americans, and a lot of those idiotic kid-napper wannabe "exile Cubans" (i.e, Hispanic-descended South Floridians)

Kidnapper? I'm unaware of any kidnappings in the recent past, other than a couple of kids abducted TO Cuba.

If you're referring to the well-noted case of Elian, wasn't kidnapping (by the Cubans in this country). But I suppose that anybody who disagrees with CRC is just an idiot. It was a custody battle, and the correct side won legistlatively, even if it probably wasn't the morally correct thing to do.

Addison

New Umm 'not morally correct' to return kid to father?
Social engineering for God&Country? Better to be a 3rd-world orphan (albeit Famous Orphan\ufffd) in Murica than, reside with own father?

Or did you mean ~ first, have Murican investigators determine the father's past relationship with mother + before + since their separation; examine the interior of his hovel and see if it matches 'moral' standards for the raising of cheeldrun and.. Then! let kid go home? maybe?

Are all those cheeldrun somehow surviving in non-Murican-oriented Cuba: also living with immoral parents, say? - parents corrupting their kids by teaching them that Their system is better than Our system? Is than enough of an offense to make it: an 'immoral' act - to send a kid to such a place? Izzat where you're heading?

Sheesh, Addison - when ya sprinkle in blab-words like Freedom, Truth and er moral, the flood-gates are open for any personal cockamamie religious, areligious, fascist or Repo definition of

moral. Doesn't this make it now a pretty useless word? - at least where, something other than visceral emotional - response is sought, that is (?)

Ashton
     Helms to retire from Senate. Elizabeth Dole to replace him? - (Another Scott) - (27)
         uh, who's fault is that? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Helms to retire from Senate. Elizabeth Dole to replace - (addison) - (25)
             Excuse me, but... - (jb4) - (24)
                 The only reason embargo is in place US Sugar Company - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not only... - (Fearless Freep)
                 You're excused. - (addison) - (21)
                     Those poor companies... - (jb4) - (20)
                         I'm not entirely sure where to start. - (addison) - (19)
                             many other countries in the world - (boxley) - (14)
                                 One other thought... - (inthane-chan)
                                 Re: many other countries in the world - (addison) - (11)
                                     bay of pigs was not American Military Units - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Semantic difference. - (addison) - (1)
                                             waal he is a lifeguard on the beach and is "connected" - (boxley)
                                     Please draw your inferences more carefully. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                         Re: Please draw your inferences more carefully. - (addison) - (6)
                                             Agree about after Castro - (boxley)
                                             Wrong. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                 Re: Wrong. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 CRC == GWB? - (pwhysall)
                                                 No, CRC. And you even quoted the important disclaimer. - (addison) - (1)
                                                     Umm 'not morally correct' to return kid to father? - (Ashton)
                                 Wrong - (Fearless Freep)
                             Start maybe with.. the US mobster-run whorehouses, - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Ah so... - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     Nice analysis of the earlier hostility.. - (Ashton)
                                     He does have a younger brother, doesn't he? - (wharris2)

An experiment in Boredom Control run by the Illuminati.
132 ms