IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New General Thank-you.
Pardon the duplicate post. A couple of weeks ago I posted about having a friend who committed suicide. I thanked people in that thread for their kind words and thoughts, but I wanted to do it again in case anyone who posted didn't read my thank you.

It was a difficult time for me, not only because I lost a friend, but because it brought back a lot of painful memories about my younger sibling's suicide. Thank you all for giving me words of support.

I often rant about the evils of technology, but even I must admit that technology has made possible places like this where we can go and even the non-personalness (okay Ash, that's an example of language murder but I'm shooting from the hip here) of bits online can and do mean something to a human being.

Thanks again to all.

bcnu,
Mikem
New May you find peace
about your loss of a friend. I have become friends with Orion and other people who are depressed and I can understand how it feels to lose someone to suicide. Some of my friends went out that way. I guess I can say that you are not alone in feeling that way. I am not sure what I can say to help you, except that we all have lost a friend or family member at one time or another. I feel your pain, brother. I feel your pain.

I am not looking to get attention here, I just want to stress that depression and suicide are serious illnesses not to be taken lightly.

If you miss the one who died, try talking to them as if they are still here. It works wonders, it helps get things out of your system. They may not answer back, after all they are dead, but the dead do listen from time to time to their family members and friends as they walk with us or look to us from where ever they are. Just talking to an Urn or Gravestone can work wonders. It does for me, and it helps me accept that person's death a lot better.

Technology is not evil, but the way it is used can be evil. It must be used responsibily, and in the right way. I agree with you somewhat that technology is evil, but it also can be good at times as well. After all, without a database, spread sheet, word processor, or email program, imagine how much harder it would be if we didn't have those things.

Your CyberFriend: Andy Kaufman.
     General Thank-you. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
         May you find peace - (andy kaufman)