IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks all =)
I actually had to do some work at work today, but I'll definitely stick around. I have a meaningless dead end tech job, I like to discuss politics/tech/science, and I raise lizards. I promise I won't do much damage. =)

thanks,

A
"We're one nation under God, we stand above the rest. Our mighty high technology is never second best." -Bad Religion
New Excellent.
People with meaningless dead end tech jobs make the best LRPD acolytes.

Stick around a bit, like you said, and all will be revealed...

Ashton! Fetch forth the Quivering Runcible of Jaundiced Blandishments!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Meine cuppe runneth oeuvre..__On! you huskies
New Just don't mention you are depressed
or suffer the same fate that Orion has faced.

Someone told me that Kuro5hin has banned his IP from their server. But there are ways around that. I think perhaps that Kuro5hin is having server hiccups right now and poor Orion is confused. "Connection Refused" errors could mean anything right now. I just chatted with him on Yahoo and he seems to think that K5 and IWETHEY are out to get him. What have you guys done to him to make him so upset?
New Re: Just don't mention you are depressed
I did not say I was banned, I just said they were messing with me and I had problems connecting to K5 the other night. Seesh, I think you took some things out of context like some of these guys.

My [link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|Board] is not cruel, sorry about yours.
New Hell, I've been referred to a psychiatrist
He's not the only person here to have problems, only maybe the most obvious :-(
New The most obvious
and also the most hated.

But I am trying to get by, and Scott did invite me back after I took a short vacation from IWETHEY and helped to form ANTIIWETHEY.

Did you know that 1/3rd of adults in the USA suffer from a form of depression? So why should we be stereotyped and hated?

For an Alternative Nearly To Imitate IWETHEY please visit [link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|Board]
providing an alternative to IWETHEY since December 2002
New I don't think so
For a while there, I had one of my happy pills as my picture.

I've discussed my mood noire here from time to time. And it is often obvious in my posts, mostly in political stuff. I don't hide it.

But I recognize my problems as my own, I keep my whining to a minimum, and my first response to a suggestion is to look for ways to apply it, not reasons why it won't work.

Perhaps that's why I'm not persecuted.

----
Whatever
New You might read the Tips forum too
New features, etc. get posted in there.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New What kind of lizards?
New Meaningless dead end tech jobs
pay money.

Several of us here are in the market for a meaningless dead end tech job...

Enjoy.
----
Whatever
New Re: Meaningless dead end tech jobs
Oh so true - every job has meaning - working means I can eat can house myself. I can't believe someone as smart as you is still looking. Don't get down, the Repos can't last forever.
-drl
New Tough job market out there
but then deSitter, you should know, with the H1B Visa Workers taking our jobs, and the greedy MegaCorps laying off IT people at the first sign of a bad economy, or profession is kind of having a hard time right now.

For the past decade I have supported Microsoft technologies. I have done Visual BASIC programming, I have done SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Active Server Pages, etc. I am sick and tired of it all. We are just a "Dime a dozen" sub-human trolls to management out there, that can be replaced with a $35,000USD a year H1B Visa Worker or recent college graduate who just quit his/her burger flipping job. Nobody wants us seasoned vetrans who used to earn $50,0000 to $90,000 a year at a "dead-end" IT job and did nice quality work. They would rather get the $35,000USD Hadji or Ex-Burger Flipper to replace us. :(

My [link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|Board] is not cruel, sorry about yours.
New I bet it's mostly the area
Milwaukee isn't the hottest tech spot in the world.

One of the top headhunters in town has me streamlining their spreadsheets - nobody is getting hired.

Costume shop is the only company I know of that is thriving. Maybe it will start generating take-home income soon...
----
Whatever
New May be an excellent plan
After all, when people are in a [economic too] war, they most crave diversion. Even in the [last..] US Depression - people could scrape up 5\ufffd for a movie.

Any brilliant ideas for getting your shop noticed? Hmmm.. parties given by/for Goths say? Hook up with a caterer - go in style and shill your shop!

Cheers,

Ashton
     What an interesting forum(s). - (DestroyAllEvil) - (21)
         Welcome. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Heh. Nice pic, Pete. -NT - (static)
         Whereever your interests lie. - (admin)
         Think I might know where the intro came from;-) - (bepatient)
         If you don't bite first.... - (folkert)
         Thanks all =) - (DestroyAllEvil) - (14)
             Excellent. - (admin) - (1)
                 Meine cuppe runneth oeuvre..__On! you huskies -NT - (Ashton)
             Just don't mention you are depressed - (andy kaufman) - (4)
                 Re: Just don't mention you are depressed - (orion)
                 Hell, I've been referred to a psychiatrist - (wharris2) - (2)
                     The most obvious - (orion) - (1)
                         I don't think so - (mhuber)
             You might read the Tips forum too - (admin)
             What kind of lizards? -NT - (broomberg)
             Meaningless dead end tech jobs - (mhuber) - (4)
                 Re: Meaningless dead end tech jobs - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Tough job market out there - (orion)
                     I bet it's mostly the area - (mhuber) - (1)
                         May be an excellent plan - (Ashton)
         Welcome to the funhouse - (orion)

Holy freakin' cow with a lemonade stand.
100 ms