This is from the most recent installment. If you haven't looked at it yet, the most recent update (almost) put it into the realm of serious literature.

Interlude with The Confuser

\ufffdYou appear like a crow over carrion, Devil. You are contemptible.\ufffd Eadric wearily drew Lukarn.

\ufffdI am your lawfully appointed tempter,\ufffd Titivilus replied easily. \ufffdand your time has arrived. You may ask me to depart, if your faith is so weak that it cannot stand a minor trial. Assailing me, however, would be disrespectful in the extreme, and more than a little foolish.\ufffd

The Paladin sighed. \ufffdMake your offer, then leave. The answer will be \ufffdno\ufffd, in any case.\ufffd

\ufffdIt might take some while,\ufffd Titivilus explained. \ufffdAnd is likely to involve elements which you do not expect. I suggest we remove to a more suitable locale.\ufffd

Eadric laughed grimly. \ufffdI am about to enter Morne with an army \ufffd now is hardly a convenient time.\ufffd

The Duke of Hell bowed ironically. \ufffdFortunately, there is a place where we may go where the inconvenience of time is not an issue. I can return you at the point where you left.\ufffd

\ufffdYou lie.\ufffd

\ufffdFrequently,\ufffd Titivilus conceded. \ufffdBut not at the moment. I have no intention of lying to you, Ahma. If you distrust me, bring Palamabron\ufffds Eye with you \ufffd any counterfeit will be instantly revealed. It is, after all, infallible. And Ortwin the Satyr, I strongly recommend that you do not do what you are considering.\ufffd

The Bard was assuming a flanking position whilst Titivilus spoke.

\ufffdYou may dismiss me, Ahma,\ufffd the Duke said, \ufffdand I will never trouble you again. But you may regret the choice later: here is a chance to confront your own shadow, in terms which few have the luxury of doing. Look into the Darkness of your heart with me. If you are true to your faith then you have nothing to fear.\ufffd

\ufffdHoney on the tongue does not disguise malice,\ufffd Eadric spat.

\ufffdI am a Devil. What do you expect? Temptation is my work, and I take pride in it.\ufffd

Eadric sighed, relaxed his grip, and nodded.

\ufffdWhat?\ufffd Ortwin asked aghast. \ufffdAre you crazy? Just tell this idiot where to go, Ed.\ufffd

\ufffdNo. I need to do this.\ufffd

\ufffdThat\ufffds the spirit,\ufffd Titivilus said. \ufffdDon\ufffdt forget the Eye, Ahma. Unless you are afraid of the truth, of course.\ufffd

The Paladin knelt over the stricken body of Tahl, kissed him on the forehead, and removed the huge stone from around his neck.

Titivilus clicked his fingers, and a Gate opened. The scene beyond was idyllic: a soft, sandy beach gently lapped by a clear sea beneath a cloudless sky.

\ufffdAfter you,\ufffd the Duke of Hell ushered him. \ufffdDon\ufffdt worry. You\ufffdll be safe and unharmed. I will return you to the present time and place whenever you wish.\ufffd

He did not lie.

So Eadric stepped through.