Hi everybody!

I have a TeX/LaTeX question... it concerns fontinst.

I have read the pdf's it comes with, but it doesn't really 'step you through' the process very well. If anyone here knows something about this, I'd appreciate pointers/links to useful info.

Me, I'm just a complete newbie at TeX... I've known of it's existence for a long time, but am only now getting into it. It looks extremely powerful... but complex as hell:).

I'm especially interested in integrating additional fonts because I'm thinking of moving my document production to TeX, and my letterhead has some unusual fonts in it. At the moment, I've got a pretty nice setup for letterhead etc in Word Pro for OS/2 (Lotus Smartsuite 1.6), with an archival system based on printing to a postscript printer and redirecting the output to ghostscript 7 to make a PDF. The results are very nice, very nice indeed. However, there are some things (in a typesetting way) that I find I just can't do in Smartsuite. I actually have a pretty good understanding of typesetting in general, it's just TeX I don't really know yet.

Oh, btw; the implementation I'm using is [link|http://www.micropress-inc.com/os2/|vtex/2]. It doesn't do the whole dvi thing; output goes directly to postscript or pdf. The output is really nice, btw.

I think it might be really possible to build a great doc management system using these tools, while still maintaining a gui like interface; LWP -> Lotus Script -> .tex file -> .ps file -> ghostscript for preview -> print and save pdf for archival.

The pdf quality in the new ghostscript is really that good...