IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey, that's pretty neat...
Now how the $#%~! do I turn it off?

Can find nothing about an off switch in tfmpage, faq, readme, and it's not in my process list. Killed the X session to get around it; it's amusing that kppp still lives and I can get back to browsing the world wide waste of time after logging back in. =)
New Re: Hey, that's pretty neat...
Heh - you don't need to turn it off - it is off unless you daemonize it. Your root window needs to be repainted, do s'thing like xsetroot with your parameters of choice.

The Windows version makes transparent icon text - I gotta learn how to tweak that reg-wise.

-drl
New The Unix process model does some things real well.
I had a window manager crash the other day. Nothing else died - but my mouse and keyboard weren't responding. So I switched to another VT, set DISPLAY and ran WindowMaker. Switched back to X and everything was back to normal as if nothing had happened. :-)

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Re: The Unix process model does some things real well.
That seems like a (good) side-effect of the network aspect of X - namely, your apps were writing to an X context - and if the server were down, they just sit there until it comes up again and they are happy! Of course it's a lot more detailed than this, but that's the basic idea.

Those MIT guys did a lot of neat things - trivia: What are ColossusIIA and Luminary?
-drl
     It's a Full xplanet -moonside -cloud_i clouds_2000.jpg -NT - (deSitter) - (11)
         WTF are you gibbering on about??? - (CRConrad) - (2)
             *I* know :-) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Same on X, Pommy -NT - (deSitter)
         Irascible LRPD sez:___" Mmmmmm. Gouda! " -NT - (Ashton)
         Hey, that's pretty neat... - (tangaroa) - (3)
             Re: Hey, that's pretty neat... - (deSitter)
             The Unix process model does some things real well. - (static) - (1)
                 Re: The Unix process model does some things real well. - (deSitter)
         Oh great. - (admin) - (1)
             Well, thank GRR *someone* could FINALLY tell... - (CRConrad)
         Neato! Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Punk rock.
40 ms