IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ab-so-fraggin-lutely!
PM is a utility that everyone should have. ESPECIALLY if you are installing multiple operating systems.

Nog that shit! I wouldn't be without it.

I don't give a shit where their money goes..as long as it has the fitness of purpose for which I paid...which it does...many times over.

You've actually PAID for yours? You're hanging out in the wrong places. (wink, wink; nudge, nudge)
New There are some things...
...for which I will pay. PM is one. Virus updates for Norton AV is another.

I hang out in those places...but usually only get Microsoft products there ;-)

stylewhack n3jja
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: There are some things...
Well, if I were in play mode I'd need a copy - but all I needed was a one-time divvy of my disk for 2k, 98, and Linux. Why spend $100 for a one-shot operation?

-drl
New Simple
And this happens to my multi-boot machines all the time...

At some point the work involved on one of the partitions may become storage intensive...at which point PM allows you to reduce one partitions size and expand anothers...my laptop sees this activity on a regular basis...where I recently needed a dos only environment for a project (needed to reinstall and run a legacy reporting package) ...created the partition...installed dos and all necessary files...and did so in minutes. This was work related...not play...and the flexibility that PM allows and the time it saves is well worth every penny I have ever paid to Powerquest.

New Whatever
I'll never be part of the Collective, it seems.

I'm often amazed at how often being wrong seems to infect more or less everyone in more or less the same way.

-drl
New Relax man...
...I've been a walking advertisement for PartitionMagic since the utility was released. Just trying to show you how useful that investment (or lack thereof in Jim's case) can be.

You didn't see utility in paying for a one-off (you could ask Jim where >those< places are ;-) ) and I can absolutley respect that...but I find the thing so damned useful that I thought I could point out another use that may make acquiring a copy useful for you.

There are less than half a dozen software applications that have ever made that "must have current at all times" list with me. PM is one of them.

New Soooo.....
PM is one of them.
So you're saying you aren't troubled by Partition Magic's Success...?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New *chuckle*
New what are you laughing at ??? :-) navarone n3jja

New *mauser bepatient*
Which is most appropriate considering the French comment made elsewhere.

*ROFL*
Expand Edited by n3jja Dec. 3, 2002, 01:02:38 PM EST
New Now just a minute....
I've been a walking advertisement for PartitionMagic since the utility was released.

SHILL!!! SHILL!!! (Well if was good enough for Peter...... ;-P)

Just trying to show you how useful that investment (or lack thereof in Jim's case) can be.

Watch it! I resemble that remark.... ;-)

*stylewhack2 bepatient*
New *whackamole bepatient*
There are some things...

...for which I will pay. PM is one.

I don't since they abandoned HPFS. Call it a mild form of protest, if you like.

Virus updates for Norton AV is another.

I pay for those because my "significant other" is heavily dependent on The Beast, but personally I don't use NAV (no current version that runs on OS/2, even if I were to run any AV on OS/2 in the first place (which I don't)).

I'm not booted into Winders enough to justify running NAV and I certainly don't have anything on that partition that I can't restore in 2 hours or less (probably more like 1 hour).
New free AV
why not go to [link|http://www.grisoft.com|Free AV s/w] and get this for your sig. other
Can't beat the price and it can be set to update automatically

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New Cool....
...thanks. Hows the overhead?

New Re: Cool....
uses about 2 megs when it loads but inches up if you run the scans every nite and of course scan all email to maybe 8-9 megs

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New A little heavier than NAV...
...but cheaper by far ;-)

I'll give it a head to head on home machines...see what happens.

Expand Edited by bepatient Dec. 4, 2002, 11:55:24 AM EST
     Which is better for WS, WinXP Pro or Win2000 WS? - (tonytib) - (44)
         Re: Which is better for WS, WinXP Pro or Win2000 WS? - (pwhysall)
         I just HATE to say it... - (folkert) - (41)
             Better Mem Mgt is big - (tonytib) - (1)
                 W2K Vastly Improved - (deSitter)
             Nutz! - (deSitter) - (38)
                 You ferget... - (folkert) - (37)
                     FAT32? - (pwhysall) - (36)
                         Re: FAT32? - (deSitter) - (34)
                             Can't be resized? - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                 Re: Can't be resized? - no - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     Sure it can. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         PQ has NDA with Borg - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Re: PQ has NDA with Borg - (pwhysall)
                                 Not faster either - (deSitter) - (4)
                                     Faster. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         Re: Faster. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                             Whatever. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 Re: Whatever. - (deSitter)
                             Re: FAT32? - (Steve Lowe) - (23)
                                 PQ has NDA with Borg -NT - (deSitter) - (22)
                                     No really relevant.. - (bepatient) - (21)
                                         Re: No really relevant.. - (deSitter) - (20)
                                             So? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 Resierfs access from NT/XP - (kmself) - (1)
                                                     Betchya can guess what I'm gonna say... - (folkert)
                                             No...you didn't. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                 Ab-so-fraggin-lutely! - (n3jja) - (15)
                                                     There are some things... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                         Re: There are some things... - (deSitter) - (8)
                                                             Simple - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                                 Whatever - (deSitter) - (6)
                                                                     Relax man... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                         Soooo..... - (admin) - (3)
                                                                             *chuckle* -NT - (n3jja) - (2)
                                                                                 what are you laughing at ??? :-) navarone n3jja -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                     *mauser bepatient* - (n3jja)
                                                                         Now just a minute.... - (n3jja)
                                                         *whackamole bepatient* - (n3jja) - (4)
                                                             free AV - (andread) - (3)
                                                                 Cool.... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Re: Cool.... - (andread) - (1)
                                                                         A little heavier than NAV... - (bepatient)
                         I like my blubber-32.... - (folkert)
         2k. - (inthane-chan)

So, we're the un-holy trinity?
91 ms