IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: no I think he was talking about the AIN
not ed zachery it is databases, intelligent swiches over a 56k connection everywhere. The statement while true is like saying the internet is all frames over an atm backbone while not quite mentioning dns, hierarchies etc.

It is obvious we are somehow talking at cross-purposes. Use or non-use of AIN/IN-based technology is really not relevant to the point the SANS-institute weenie apparently was trying to make about the Internet in analogy to switched digital telephony. But then, the SANS guy (probably) really didn't have anything specific in mind, anyway.

Unless, of course, you're seriously trying to allege you think the SANS guy was claiming some intelligent services-programming model similar to AIN is likely to be superimposed on the 'Net in the near future, in which case he was simply wrong and/or flippin' nuts.

Rick Moen
rick@linuxmafia.com

If you lived here, you'd be $HOME already.
New wrong/flipping nuts would be the correct answer
SANS guys with a few exceptions like Norfolk etc are cheerleaders not technicians IMHO having attended a few sessions here and there.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Opera was the television of the nineteenth century:loud, vulgar and garish with plots that could only be called infantile. "Pendergast"
New That was my impression
He seemed to by suggesting that a pretty radical rethinking of basic internet protocols was both desirable and inevitable.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
     Question about IP vs. POTS - (drewk) - (9)
         how phone calls work - (boxley)
         Gawd - are people really this stupid? - (deSitter) - (2)
             Can't find a reference - (drewk) - (1)
                 Re: Can't find a reference - (deSitter)
         Re: Question about IP vs. POTS - (rickmoen) - (4)
             no I think he was talking about the AIN - (boxley) - (3)
                 Re: no I think he was talking about the AIN - (rickmoen) - (2)
                     wrong/flipping nuts would be the correct answer - (boxley) - (1)
                         That was my impression - (drewk)

A.A.P.B. certified.
78 ms