IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Burning floppy disk images to CD.
How does one go about making disk images?

I need to burn some old DOS application installation diskettes to a CD of old data.
New Raread and Rawrite
Raread to make the images. Rawrite to make the disks later (put that on the CD).

There are DOS, Windows, and OS/2 versions that I know of. I couldn't find anything that appears to be an 'official site' though.
--
Chris Altmann
New mkdir disk1 disk2 etc
copy the files into those directories then burn cd. When installing you might get some calls to drive a: use he substitute command to subst drive to path.
luck,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Re: mkdir disk1 disk2 etc
Yeah, I was wondering if I could just copy every file on every floppy to a single directory. If you ran install.exe, would it just keep looking for the right files in that directory and not even ask for a new location?
New on some of the old stuff
it would look or a disk label usually disk1 or disk2 so check the labels on the diskette and call yer directories whatever they are nd place the files in that structure. Dont know how many times in the old dos world you would be asked put in diskette labeled inPr213a and the diskette label better match. Usuall hacking their install batch files would fool it.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Update.
I discovered that dBase 5.0 does, in fact, install properly if one just copies all of the files to a single directory.

Thank you for your support. </Jaymes>
New Along same lines: Word6 on floppies
What with M$ spl. format for distrib discs..

Anyone done such ? I'd think this earlier license would tolerate a mere medium change, but I don't really care. Prolly somewhere I have a util for creating that format. Somewhere. Can't see how that would be applicable to merely copying them off - could try the \\Diskn subs easily enough with CDRW, or waste a part of a packet-copy CD..

??

Ashton
New Re: Along same lines: Word6 on floppies
I tried to put Office 4.3 (w/ Word 6) on CD so I wouldn't have to mess w/ 31 floppies but I had no luck

After running through the first disk it wanted A: for the next disk unlike other floppy programs I have transferred to CD

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|http://wxxe.org]
New use the sust command
been a long time so syntax is prolly incorrect
subst a:\\ c:\\pathname\\disk1
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
     Burning floppy disk images to CD. - (acagle) - (8)
         Raread and Rawrite - (altmann)
         mkdir disk1 disk2 etc - (boxley) - (2)
             Re: mkdir disk1 disk2 etc - (acagle) - (1)
                 on some of the old stuff - (boxley)
         Update. - (acagle)
         Along same lines: Word6 on floppies - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: Along same lines: Word6 on floppies - (andread) - (1)
                 use the sust command - (boxley)

Religion.
72 ms