IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Practical I think
From my experience it is more of a practical limit then anything else in older versions. Access starts to get flaky before you reach the size limit.

I suspect though, that in Access versions after Access 97 it's more of an artifical limit. After 97 they threw out the old DB engine and stuck a cut down SQL Sever engine in there. I don't have any real experience with anything after Access 97 to say how much more powerful it is though.

Jay
New That's an option, isn't it?
I believe with Access 2K you can choose your poison. You can continue to use the old Jet engine OR use the MSDE (Microsoft Desktop Engine). MSDE is a scaled down version of Sql Server. It shipped at the same time Sql Server 7 did. IIRC, the limits on MSDE proper are 2 Gig database limits and 5 concurrent connections. MSDE is free (as in beer). The Access implementation of that engine does not have, I don't think, the 5 connection limitation, but I suspect it's the same product.
     The 1Gb Access Database limit - (Meerkat) - (4)
         Probably a Windows OS limit. - (static) - (1)
             I don't think it's Windoze, but I'll look into it. - (mmoffitt)
         Practical I think - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             That's an option, isn't it? - (mmoffitt)

Just to be fair, there's no evidence he actually knows what happened in the 1800's.
30 ms