IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The enemy within [M$]____er, Inthane?
From the Hallowe'en docs to much other material on Reg and elsewhere, periodically:

Might we suppose that there are a significant number of people inside The Beast (ie >0), somewhat dedicated to exposing the more egregious crap to public perusal? That is, where there exists some actual .doc which is self-explanatory of a particular duplicity - dunno about anyone writing down verbal material overheard.

Yes, I realize that Hallowe'en and a few others were possibly intentional leaks but.. haven't there been several patently damaging ones?

I'd like to believe that their initial tyro brainwashing isn't That persistent - on 100% of the plankton. Is this a reasonable or merely wishful hypothesis?

Ashton
New Re: The enemy within [M$]____er, Inthane?
I'm sure they are there. I'm also willing to bet that most of them are contractors. Not so much of it, since as soon as a contractor got uppity on their Public Forums, a Blue Badge would step in and threaten to forward the post to their supervisor - or occasionally, I assume they WOULD forward the post, for the "offending" individual would not be heard from again.

There appears to be much greater hegemony amongst the employees - although I did meet the rare individual or two who actually thought that M$ was in the wrong...
New Old line...
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ineptitude. The were using a freaking open ftp server to host private company docs and customer data on. This kind of thing happens with them quite often. Some of the damaging info probably does come from the disgruntled ones, but most is more likely due to poor security practices.
Why should we ask our military to die for cheap oil when the rest of us aren't even being asked to get better mileage?
-[link|http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=14107|Molly Ivins]
New Reminds me of their open SMB stuff a few years back.
As I recall, MS had their Windows Sharing wide-open from the Internet. I'm sure a lot of Interesting Things were Acquired.

I dunno who published it, but it was before the days of widespread broadband.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

The enemy within [M$]____er, Inthane? - (Ashton) - (3)
         Re: The enemy within [M$]____er, Inthane? - (inthane-chan)
         Old line... - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Reminds me of their open SMB stuff a few years back. - (static)

This is your brain on bad interior design. Any questions?
30 ms