IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Semantic difference.
Trained by the US, and backed by the US, I'll call that a "US" attack.

The fastest way to topple Castro is to flood the country with cheap american goods, cheap credit and commodities and funding people 2 rungs under him with goodwill cash and no strings.

Which is exactly why Castro won't let that happen.

Revoking Helms-Burton doesn't change the control that Cuban government will have over everything.

Keeping the embargo when the rest of the world decries it makes a hardworking group of people bitter towards us.

Possibly. But lifting it wouldn't change things for them, there would just have to be another excuse. (In fact, that's a large part of the best reason FOR lifting it, then what would Castro blame the woes on?)

BUT it cant be that bad if he prefered there better than here and he did have a green card.

I don't know the circumstances, but all the Cubans I know who have gone to visit relatives on the Island shudder when they talk about it.

Oh, and lets not forget the ones who come to the Cuban doctor in the family, and beg her to prescribe various drugs (one for chemotherapy) - because the Cuban government and its National Health Care Plan won't let their relatives have what they need (but will allow other people to send in drugs. (which requires a prescription in the US))).

I dunno there Bill. Don't sound too great to me.

Of course, if I could just sit on the beach all day and fish, well, maybe.

Addison
New waal he is a lifeguard on the beach and is "connected"
lots of cohiba's fall off of trucks into his family's hands. Ma was telling me how tight it is but he doesnt have to be responsible for anything Unca Fidel takes care of it. Fish of the beach for protein, black market cigars for beef and other goodies.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
     Helms to retire from Senate. Elizabeth Dole to replace him? - (Another Scott) - (27)
         uh, who's fault is that? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Helms to retire from Senate. Elizabeth Dole to replace - (addison) - (25)
             Excuse me, but... - (jb4) - (24)
                 The only reason embargo is in place US Sugar Company - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not only... - (Fearless Freep)
                 You're excused. - (addison) - (21)
                     Those poor companies... - (jb4) - (20)
                         I'm not entirely sure where to start. - (addison) - (19)
                             many other countries in the world - (boxley) - (14)
                                 One other thought... - (inthane-chan)
                                 Re: many other countries in the world - (addison) - (11)
                                     bay of pigs was not American Military Units - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Semantic difference. - (addison) - (1)
                                             waal he is a lifeguard on the beach and is "connected" - (boxley)
                                     Please draw your inferences more carefully. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                         Re: Please draw your inferences more carefully. - (addison) - (6)
                                             Agree about after Castro - (boxley)
                                             Wrong. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                 Re: Wrong. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 CRC == GWB? - (pwhysall)
                                                 No, CRC. And you even quoted the important disclaimer. - (addison) - (1)
                                                     Umm 'not morally correct' to return kid to father? - (Ashton)
                                 Wrong - (Fearless Freep)
                             Start maybe with.. the US mobster-run whorehouses, - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Ah so... - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     Nice analysis of the earlier hostility.. - (Ashton)
                                     He does have a younger brother, doesn't he? - (wharris2)

Grrrr, watch me beat my chest.
101 ms