IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Um, my tinfoil hat seem to work better on you than on admin.
:-)

I looked, a little bit, at lots of other databases. Paradox 10, Interbase/Firebird, Filemaker Pro, and others. I'm not wedded to Access nor MySQL - it's just a place to start for the moment.

...PgSql got thrown in mostly because it was -- NOW do you SEE where I'm coming from?!? -- the only alternative to those that seemed to have even OCCURRED to the Other Scott.

I thought my post was too long as it was! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yours?!? Isn't it *I* who should be wearing one?
The Other Scott:
I looked, a little bit, at lots of other databases. Paradox 10, Interbase/Firebird, Filemaker Pro, and others. I'm not wedded to Access nor MySQL - it's just a place to start for the moment.
Yeah, we know that *now*... But, no prob:
...PgSql got thrown in mostly because it was -- NOW do you SEE where I'm coming from?!? -- the only alternative to those that seemed to have even OCCURRED to the Other Scott.
See how by this stage, I used the _past tense_ of "seemed"? :-)

I thought my post was too long as it was! :-)
Yours (almost?) never are.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
     Excel 97 spreadsheet to Excel database + form. Tips? - (Another Scott) - (43)
         I'd export to a delimited file - (drewk) - (14)
             Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for... - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 There's another issue with XL. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                     Get warp and mesa - (jake123) - (11)
                         REXX??? As in Tyrannosaurus? <vbg? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             Pretty much, considering - (jake123) - (9)
                                 REXX is the pre-perl perl -NT - (wharris2) - (8)
                                     Maybe... - (jake123) - (5)
                                         Cheap shots :=) - (wharris2)
                                         How is that a lot easier? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             I didn't say easier. - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 OK, but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                     Equivalent in REXX - (jake123)
                                     BZZT - Utterly wrong - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         know how you feel - (cforde)
         Nah...its trivial in Access too. - (bepatient) - (8)
             God, Beep! Bound Forms! Bleech! - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 It sounded like what he needed. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Not knowing Access all that well... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                             The problem with Access. - (static) - (1)
                                 nutshell: Access expects denormalization. - (tseliot)
                             Access has some "special features" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Thanks, that's quite enough. On that other thing, though... - (CRConrad)
         DTS? - (gdaustin) - (18)
             Spreadsheet grows up to be a Real Application - (gdaustin) - (17)
                 I'm looking at Access and MySQL now. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                     Access, MySQL, PostgreSQL? Why don't you consider a REAL... - (CRConrad) - (15)
                         Christian, WTF are you on about? - (admin) - (13)
                             In that case, I'll point to one it *does* have: - (CRConrad) - (12)
                                 Um, my tinfoil hat seem to work better on you than on admin. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Yours?!? Isn't it *I* who should be wearing one? - (CRConrad)
                                 PostgreSQL Python drivers... - (admin) - (9)
                                     Lot better than I thought... All your fault, though! ;^) - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                         Re: Lot better than I thought... All your fault, though! ;^) - (admin) - (7)
                                             "user-defined types" - would that be SQL-standard 'domains'? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 user-defined types - (admin) - (2)
                                                     Wow, cool; the FB dev list is only now talking about that... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                         Postgres is really a research database - (admin)
                                             That...is frickin cool. - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                 What, the inheritance? - (admin)
                                             Cool! - (deSitter)
                         I glanced at it, but didn't bite. - (Another Scott)

They're a cornered rat, and quite frankly, I think they have rabies to boot. I'd rather not get too close to them.
216 ms