IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Sorry to break it to you...
A two-room apartment (full utilities) can be had here in a decent area for certainly less than $700 a month. Back when I was renting, it was $490 (gradually increasing, I'd guess that apartment now goes for $650. Maybe $700.)

Something like that should be affordable to this $28,000 mother of three. Now some of the *other* expenses (health care comes to mind) might invoke a major hurt on the budget. Food and clothing shouldn't be a major problem.

I get a bit testy when someone tells me about such-and-so being on the edge of financial hurt, when there are people even in this forum who are not working and approaching major financial hurt. Get rid of cable. Don't buy microwave dinners (invest in a crock pot, and cook beans and stew meats.)

I'm just not sure how much is money management and how much is real need.

New If I really had to cut back
no eating in restaurants, go fishing everyday and expect to eat fish 3 times a week. Buy chubs of Hamburger. Eat more casseroles. Cornflakes instead of bacon and eggs. Roll my own chokers. Drink Old Millwakie instead of Pauli Girl. Better yet switch to koolaid. Get rid of the cell and inet connection(use the library) Get rid of all vehicles except one to save on insurance. Dont drive anywhere under 1 or 2 miles. Ive been there before.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]
"Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic." Correction: All that can be achieved with 51 percent of the voters!" Ilanna Mercer
New homebrew's cheaper
than even Old M. But only if you do your own mashing. Raising your own yeast helps too.

And with halfway decent instruction-following skills and minor sacrifices to Ninkasi (also, avoid offending Her - I once had some empty Zima bottles in my house and She witheld Her favors.) you will be drinking St. Pauli equivalent or better.
----
Whatever
New The old guidline
rent<=1 week's wages
is gone forever. Most people I know anymore have rents that take >1/2 of thier pay (some >3/4). Many have real credit card problems - aquired when times were better (myself included).

Only multiple incomes in a single dwelling alleviate this; remember that budgeting without accumulating signifigant savings insures the eventual slide downhill into poverty. Emergencies happen - and expenses cannot always be recouped via insurance or legal recourse.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
Expand Edited by imric Nov. 12, 2002, 09:03:42 PM EST
New Student loans, too.
The wife has some significant student loans attached to her name - from getting a masters degree in a field that amounts to basically doing charity work - I.E., giving mental health care to kids that society doesn't give a shit about until they get old enough to be electrocuted for killing somebody.

Yeah, I'm in a pissy mood this morning, so fuck off already. ;)
DM: "OKay, you round the corner, and entering the alleyway, you see two men standing on eachother's shoulders."

*silence at the table*

Player: "F#$% it, we're fighting Cirque de Soleil! Run for your life!"
New Hoping the Prozac helps :=)
I'm still recovering from a chess tournament last weekend, damn that beat me down bad.

Project Censored - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
         I Want Out -NT - (deSitter)
         {ugh} - and that's just THIS Year's collection.. -NT - (Ashton)
         They missed at least one biggie - (ben_tilly)
         Jeez! - (jb4)
         Sorry to break it to you... - (Arkadiy) - (7)
             Re: Sorry to break it to you... - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
                 Re: Sorry to break it to you... - (wharris2) - (5)
                     If I really had to cut back - (boxley) - (1)
                         homebrew's cheaper - (mhuber)
                     The old guidline - (imric) - (2)
                         Student loans, too. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             Hoping the Prozac helps :=) - (wharris2)

Oh, we're on?
63 ms