IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Makes sense.
My guess is that if you read the books closely, a significant number of Batman's lines are directly cribbed from Nietzsche. The feel is very similar.

But then, Nietzsche is everywhere. Reading his stuff and then noticing how much influence he's had is quite disturbing. People who like Nietzsche scare me. And I'm one of them.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New ..I thought Nietzsche influenced "Superman", not "Batman" :)
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New I probably should read him.
Especially since I like that quote so much.

Nietzsche probably says some really controversial things - but to be honest, I don't know that Awareness can survive in the universe by continuing to treat anything with a certain commonality of DNA as human. The problem is, selecting the person who makes the division between those truly Aware and those who are not - and that is something that we cannot trust any man with, as can be seen in World War II.

Rather, it is the responsibility IMO of each individual to focus themselves to becoming the next stage...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     hard one to call, or not - (boxley) - (16)
         I'd say that's open and shut. - (inthane-chan) - (11)
             Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                 Huh^2? - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                     Sorta :) - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                         Makes sense. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                             Re: Makes sense. - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 ..I thought Nietzsche influenced "Superman", not "Batman" :) -NT - (Fearless Freep)
                                 I probably should read him. - (inthane-chan)
                         Well, the Dark Knight* Returns... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Re: Well, the Dark Knight* Returns... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 Dunno. - (CRConrad)
             From the article, I'd say he picked the wrong lawyer. - (mhuber)
         PC may triumph again - (wharris2) - (3)
             Yes, actions matter most. But words matter too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 human nature - (boxley)
                 Hey, for that matter... - (jb4)

I used to work for them, I recognize the pictures. They ran the law firm I was employed at.
62 ms