IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Low Turnout?
I've heard that this election's turnout is supposed to be one of the lowest.

I live in a town with a population of 800. I've voted there (home) before and there are 3 voting booths, almost always 2 of them open. This morning I went expecting the same, but there were 30 people in line to vote. Even the ladies working at the polling place said, "My goodness. I didn't know so many people lived here." Be interesting to see if the predictions were right and my town is one of the few w/a good turn out.

bcnu,
Mikem
New I'm expecting a large turnout.
Too many tight races and too many people taking local races as indicators of a larger momentum/mandate.

New Re: Low Turnout?
Not here - at the polling place I worked, 500 of 1500 registered voters had cast ballots by 10:30 - in a cold rain with snarled traffic. I'd say we'll have at least 70%, perhaps 80% turnout - great for an off-year.

This year we have provisional voting - you don't have to be pre-registered. Your eligibility will be verified and your ballot tallied later if you are not already a registered voter in that district. Predictions are that some 10,000 St. Louisans will vote this way.

I noticed a particularly heavy turnout of seniors. I predict this bodes well for Jean Carnahan and ill for Talent.

-drl
New My polling station...
Had 22 boothes and about 200 in line waiting... went pretty fast was in-line 1/2 hour. Chuggin it right through...

Nothing like a Bombing to make the country wake-up.

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Bombing? What bombing?
New Huh... short Memory?
Well.. I guess it wasn't a REAL bombing... someone just took a couple of flying gas tanks and crashed them into the WTC... and then exploded... Thereby starting the chain of events that caused them to fall...

Semantics... effectively that is what those planes were... BIG BOMBS.

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Oh, that OLD thing.
Thought I'd missed something today ;-)
New Prophecying is very difficult
especially with respect to the future.

[link|http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=voter+turnout&sa=N&tab=wn|Google news]

Most of the "low turnout" stories are predictions. Most of the "heavy turnout" stories are what people have actually seen.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New It looked like a presidential election turnout when I voted.
Alex

"I have a truly marvelous demonstration of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain. -- Pierre de Fermat (1601-1665)
New Mixed turnout here
My precinct (which has its voting booths in the same room as the other that is geographically right next to us) had full booths all the time I was there, although granted I didn't have to wait for more than a handful of other people before I got in. The other precinct (across the room) was mostly empty.
New Seemed low here.
I had no line... but there was a steady procession of people.

Two years ago I waited a while.

They changed the voting method this time, however. Previously we had punch ballots; this time it was "connect the arrows with a big felt marker". The ballots were then immediately machine-read for validity, which was pretty damned cool. Very quick as well, although there was some confusion (idiots) about how to use the ballots.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New There were lines this morning.
Exactly the same equipment as the last few times.

Not long lines, but the longest I've seen in this venue. Maybe 5 people ahead of me. All of a generation ahead of mine.

It felt good to participate in the sacrement, despite the extreme sleaziness of the names on the ballot.

----
Whatever
     Low Turnout? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         I'm expecting a large turnout. - (Simon_Jester)
         Re: Low Turnout? - (deSitter)
         My polling station... - (folkert) - (3)
             Bombing? What bombing? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Huh... short Memory? - (folkert) - (1)
                     Oh, that OLD thing. - (mmoffitt)
         Prophecying is very difficult - (Silverlock)
         It looked like a presidential election turnout when I voted. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Mixed turnout here - (wharris2)
         Seemed low here. - (admin)
         There were lines this morning. - (mhuber)

Hey, the gutters are mine now.
82 ms