IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New hockey fans, have a question
watching the detroit game tonite and noticed defensive players throwing their body to block a shot. In my playing days as a kid (back when Bobby Orr was just behind me) and their was only six teams that was an interference call. You could use stick legs etc but throwing the bod was a minor. Checked the official rules on www.nhl.com and no sign of it. When was it changed? Perhaps minor league was different? My brother lives a few miles from waterloo and gets to see all the rising stars in AAA.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New gosh don't know nhl but local league:
you can only throw your body on the ice to block a shot in a power play.

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New Re: hockey fans, have a question
Dunno when exactly it was changed, but [link|http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=AFAIK&Find=Find|AFAIK], that's been legal since I really started watching NHL in '94.
-YendorMike

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
- Jimmy Buffett, June 20, 2002, Tinley Park
New Re: hockey fans, have a question
That was probably a youth league rule. In the NHL you can stand there with your hands on your hips and your cup and supporter back in the locker room, if you want. What you can't throw is the stick (is Hasek reading this?).

I think body blocks happen more now because the players have better armor.
-drl
New nope back during the might 6 era
that was a mnor I clearly remember eddie shack collecting those and argueing he fell by accident. At the time of the first expansion we all perceived it was because everyone was tired of the NY rangers being in last place every year.
thanks,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New My memory is as flawed as yours.
I remember penalties (delay of game iirc) for blocking the puck with the body as well. But, my memory is that the penalty only got called if it was intentional AND the puck ended up under the body of the player (so play could not continue). I don't know specifically when this was changed, but NHL rules change every year. If they seriously want more goals, they should reinstate the delay of game penalty for intentionally blocking w/the body.

OTOH, anyone who lays down in front of a puck now with the graphite/ti sticks, well, I'd hate to see them in the sin bin.

bcnu,
Mikem
     hockey fans, have a question - (boxley) - (5)
         gosh don't know nhl but local league: - (tseliot)
         Re: hockey fans, have a question - (Yendor)
         Re: hockey fans, have a question - (deSitter) - (1)
             nope back during the might 6 era - (boxley)
         My memory is as flawed as yours. - (mmoffitt)

The Elvis Presley Dambusters Clock-Plate Of Tutankhamen
80 ms