IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have to say...
...so what?

So a bunch of yobs vandalized some cameras, big deal. Jail the bastards and send 'em the bill, say I.

Horror! You might be fined for going 5 MPH over the speed limit! Too bloody right. Speed might not kill motorists but it certainly kills pedestrians.

What's wrong with driving 2MPH *under* the speed limit, for that extra safety factor? Remember, moment squares with velocity, so dropping from 33MPH (the actual limit in a 30 MPH zone - there is a 10% allowance for speedometer inaccuracy) to 30MPH reduces the danger to pedestrians substantially.

In short, this is typical moaning by a bunch of people who seem to think they have some kind of "right" to break the law.
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Ya know what, Pete...?
You might just be willing to sacrifice your privicy (or, as you Brits say, "privv-uh-see") to the same government that willing to turn over all its (which is to say your) personal files to Microsoft, for the convenient illusion of security they seem to provide.

Fine.

Just keep that shit over there on your side of the pond, OK?

And, in 5 years, after the inevitable erosion of your personal freedoms and the inevitable increase of govenrment intrusion into your personal lives, we can come back and compare notes...

Aldus was a Brit, wasn't he?
jb4
Resistance is not futile...)
New Pot, meet kettle.
UCITA.
DMCA.
RIAA.
Carnivore.

Need I go on?
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New No; actually you might try saying less
Gee, I glad you managed to find the shift key on your computer. ;-)

But of all the random typing you did, the only one that has anything to do with surveillance is the real word in your "list". So you might want to brush-up on your TLAs

And with regards to Carnivore, two points:

1) It DOESN'T have anything to do with cameras.
2) On this side of the pond, we're not lining up sheep-like supporting it. We're having some rather embarrasing Congressional hearings on the thing. (Even if they're a show for the vast unwashed masses...er, "constituents", they are still making the NSA/FBI types squirm!)

Your post was a bit of an own goal, 'ey wot?

jb4
Resistance is not futile...)
New You were talking about freedom
And how oppressed we poor Brits are by comparison to you folks in the land of the free.

My point is, that's bollocks.

You have just as many ridiculous, freedom-oppressing laws as we do, they're just different. Take a long hard look at some of the legislation fell out of the War On Drugs, frexample. (I'm specifically thinking of the one where the DEA can impound all your stuff and not give it back to you even though you're innocent and proven to be so).

Guns != Freedom, before you start. If the US government ever found itself in a position where the populace threatened its security, it'd use far more practical measures to repress the buggers than men with guns.

Think water you can't drink. Think food you can't eat. Think neutron warheads. Think ebola.

Any western government would do the same, it's just that the US population is more comfortable, apathetic and sofa-bound than most.

Comes of being top of the heap.
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Cackle.. Yup, we're ahead of ya in ovine insouciance :-\ufffd
And Corporate preemption of the er 'legal process' which might.. have ameliorated the above atrocities, if any non-Repos had had a chance to edit those 'Acts' - as in some public discussion? of just what these penalties..

MEANT.

Imagine: *letting* Billy n'Bally remotely fuck-up yer servers because - of a glitch in *their* database: same one which 'hid' the nukes? in THAT M$ database of current renown + shame...

Billy n'Bally as Ombudsmen !?! Is to laugh.
Passports anyone?

A.
New Nit
Moment is linear in speed. Kinetic energy - the important factor - goes like the square.
New Dang.
I was going to say kinetic energy, then thought to myself, "nah, that's wrong. It's *moment* you want, Peter."

Thanks. A timely reminder to never listen to myself.
--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New Fun With K.E.
The formula for moving mass in relativity is

M = M0 / sqrt(1 - (v/c)^2)

If v is much less than c, then we can approximate this as

M = M0 ( 1 + (1/2)(v/c)^2 )

or

Mc^2 = M0c^2 + (1/2) M0 v^2

This statement says - the total of a body Mc^2 consists of a constant part M0c^2 plus a correction term (1/2) M v^2, which is just the Newtonian kinetic energy. This shows why it goes as a square and also where the factor of 1/2 comes from. The next correction term would involve v^4/c^2, then v^6/c^4 etc.
New Fun With K.E.
The formula for moving mass in relativity is

M = M0 / sqrt(1 - (v/c)^2)

If v is much less than c, then we can approximate this as

M = M0 ( 1 + (1/2)(v/c)^2 )

or

Mc^2 = M0c^2 + (1/2) M0 v^2

This statement says - the total energy of a body Mc^2 consists of a constant part M0c^2 plus a correction term (1/2) M v^2, which is just the Newtonian kinetic energy. This shows why it goes as a square and also where the factor of 1/2 comes from. The next correction term would involve v^4/c^2, then v^6/c^4 etc.
     more cameras UK this time - (boxley) - (10)
         I have to say... - (pwhysall) - (9)
             Ya know what, Pete...? - (jb4) - (4)
                 Pot, meet kettle. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     No; actually you might try saying less - (jb4) - (1)
                         You were talking about freedom - (pwhysall)
                     Cackle.. Yup, we're ahead of ya in ovine insouciance :-\ufffd - (Ashton)
             Nit - (deSitter) - (3)
                 Dang. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Fun With K.E. - (deSitter)
                     Fun With K.E. - (deSitter)

Like, HEL-LOO... Anyone at home behind that beard???
50 ms