IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You tested the waters for all idiots
No, it is your habit to proclaim perfectly ordinary facts of life "stupid traditions and fads", and to try to "fix" things that don't NEED "fixing".

OO is 1960's style network-DB and code-centric noun management crap. It NEEEEDs fixing because it generates bloat and fragile code.

You are narrow-minded IMO. I can accept the idea that paradigms may be subjective. However, you seem to think that anybody who does not agree with you is objectively wrong or misguided. Well, Fuck off!

Need MORE proof that you are an idiot?

Almost every place I have worked has *praised* my technical results. Most complaints were "diplomatic" issues. I *know* my diplomatic skills need work. I won't argue with that. I know my weaknesses. If there was a class in diplomacy for geeks with a good reputation, I would take it. In my experience the best techies tend to be the worse diplomatics. Good design requires honest, clear, logical planning, which tend to be things that go against diplomacy. Human beings are not used to hearing "naked truth". Successful social interaction is a complex game of deceit and manipulation. Business is so used to sugar-coated BS that when they don't get it they go through withdrawl. Most CEO's came up through sales, and hire people like themselves below them: salespeople. Unfortunately, programming humans (sales) and programming computers requires vastly different skillsets.

I tend to "fit" better in engineering and tech companies I notice. This seems to be because the managers there are used to and familiar with geeky (frank, pondering, merit oriented) personalities. However, I have not encountered many of these lately. The last one I worked for went bust (inspite of me :-)
Expand Edited by tablizer Oct. 25, 2002, 11:42:32 PM EDT
New err....
<ignore_bryce mode=off>
The last one I worked for went bust (inspite of me :-)
Not inspite of you being there... because of you being there...

Remember this: This IS the Flame Forum...

And sure all of us are the Idealogic example of Political Correctness... You being the Crown-Fucking-Jewel that can't even see OO is NOT the Anti-Christ... It can co-in-fucking-cide with and does very well with other paradigms as well...

Ever see a DBase program call a C++ program to execute something...

How about a C++ program access a DBASE Program... *THOT*1 so you gibbering ID10T2.

Now, have you ever seen an OO program written in SED? That would be pure unadulterated MAGIC... Your mind would explode should you try to understand it...

How about some-obfuscated OO code that runs in 3 Programming languages yet produces the same output on the same input... once again your head would explode...

Those explosions are what you call "Bryce paradigm shifting without a clutch!"

<ignore_bryce mode=on>

1. Sorry Pete, I just couldn't resist using his own words against him!
2. Done in OO so he doesn't know what it means!

[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - Grand-Master Artist in IT
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New consensASS
Ever see a DBase program call a C++ program to execute something...

So? It could call assembler programs and COBOL programs too perhaps. What is even the point of mentioning that?

It can co-in-fucking-cide with and does very well with other paradigms as well...

I get ZERO consensus on when to use OO and when not to on comp.object. More and more evidence suggests that such preferences are highly subjective.

"OO is better because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside" is the best you tongue-slugged idiots can do.
             I've had enuf on your thots about my English IMPROVEMENTS -NT - (tablizer) - (7)
                 Shrug. - (pwhysall)
                 Peter *doesn't have* any "thots". He has THOUGHTS. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                     I have a right to try to change English - (tablizer) - (4)
                         Yes, you're perfectly entitled to be an idiot. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             You tested the waters for all idiots - (tablizer) - (2)
                                 err.... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     consensASS - (tablizer)

Please... I can't take this kind of stimulation! I got Disney tunes running all through my head at just the thought of it.
76 ms