IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What we chiefly need.
Is for the San Andreas (sp?) fault to move north and become very, very active.
New Hey, that's where I keep all my stuff!
Maybe it will miss Renton.
New Other possibilities
Object 6666 (an as-yet undiscovered small asteroid) smashes Redmond - preferably while a meeting of the board is being held.

Right on top of Redmond HQ, large enough to destroy it, small enough to inflict only minimal damage to surrounding area and buildings.

I read a short story once about a meteor that wiped out Washington DC, and about the people in the bomb silo that didn't launch retaliatory strikes. Damn that would be too much luck.
New Well it does extend north
And if it does go, it is predicted to be the third largest earthquake on record.

One can also hope for Mount Baker.

Apologies to people in the Pacific Northwest. I have roots there are well. But you happen to be in a geologically nasty area with people around that a lot of people dislike...

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New Not to mention that damn nasty lava flow not so long ago
(Geologically speaking, that is.)

Isn't it Washington that was engulfed by a lava rift flow within the past million years or so?
New Current predictions are for mild volcanic activity
In the Pacific [link|http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/update.html|Northwest]

Cascade Range Volcanoes \ufffd Update from the Cascades Volcano Observatory
Submitted at 14:00 PDT, October 10, 2002

Volcanoes in the Cascade Range are all at normal levels of background seismicity. These include Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Mount Adams, and Mount St. Helens in Washington State; Mount Hood, Mount Jefferson, Three Sisters, Newberry, and Crater Lake, in Oregon; and Medicine Lake, Mount Shasta, and Lassen Peak in northern California.

USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory, the Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network at the University of Washington, and the USGS Northern California Seismic Network and Volcano Hazards Team in Menlo Park, California, monitor the major volcanoes in the Cascade Range of northern California, Oregon, and Washington.

I think you're going to have to hope for the meteor, volcanoes semm to be a little farfetched just now.

"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Wishful Thinking
The entire Pacific NW is a lava shield. Yellowstone is a supervolcano. The grandfathers will have their way.
-drl
     In case this passed under the radar... - (screamer) - (12)
         It did not - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Thank you sir... -NT - (screamer)
         A copy of an email I sent to Mr Smith - (boxley) - (8)
             Not going to make a difference. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 What we chiefly need. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                     Hey, that's where I keep all my stuff! - (Brandioch)
                     Other possibilities - (wharris2)
                     Well it does extend north - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         Not to mention that damn nasty lava flow not so long ago - (wharris2) - (2)
                             Current predictions are for mild volcanic activity - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Wishful Thinking - (deSitter)
         FUD FUD and more FUD - (drewk)

Thank you, drive through.
107 ms