IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bien sur...
Vive la France!

Of course they won.

Democrats?? Over the White House and Congress? Thats a tough call.

Martha...will soon be teaching Home Ec in the Pen...hee hee.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Martha's getting a raw deal
I'm as tickled as anyone to see her squirming, considering the reports about the way she treats her minions. But for her to be the target of all this legal attention, just for taking a tip from a personal friend[1], while dozens (hundreds?) of executives walk away from tens of millions of dollars in loans, doesn't seem fair.

[1] Considering he's the actual "insider" wouldn't you, as a friend of his, trust him not to give you illegal advice?
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Agreed
She's not doing anything the players in finance aren't also doing. Did anyone see "Wall Street"?

(I haven't heard about how she "treats her minions". She seems like a nice lady as far as it goes on her show - makes potpourris out of orange rinds - how quaint. Interestingly, Nitrozac was portraying her as a crazed empire-builder years ago.)
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Oct. 23, 2002, 12:04:29 PM EDT
New Greed is good...
In fact, the Gecko speech to the shareholders is a classic. Should be a requirement for any ethics class taught. I don't know about you, but I've always kinda thought Martha was hot in a crazy sort of way, kinda like she would bake you pumpkin brownies after you did her...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Too. Much. Information. *SHUDDER*
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Exactly!
I see her when she was young. She'd be a great hippy chick.
-drl
New yabbut that screechy chirpy voice
well there is a cure for that as well,
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New the Gordon Gecko speech
was based upon a speech convicted insider Marvin Bosky (spelling?) gave to an Ivy League business school in the early '80s. Don't know if Google will find it, but I'll give it a shot.
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New Since you asked... "Boesky", IIRC.
New Ivan, not Marvin, Boesky - thanks, Google!
No luck finding information on the speech though.
lincoln
New Now you've gone and done it.
I'll never be able to eat a pumpkin brownie. Ever. And I'll be hesitant about regular brownies for while.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Come on... Admit it...
you'd like to bone her. If you don't care for brownies, she could probably make some kind of organic pudding, smear it all over your body and slowly lick it off...

:-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New You would not believe....
....the mental picture you gave me with the "organic pudding" comment. I need to wash my mind out with soap.

And no, the boning of Martha has never been a desire of mine.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New A Short Bio
[link|http://www.counterpunch.org/pipermail/counterpunch-list/2002-April/019542.html|http://www.counterpu...April/019542.html]

Started as a model in New York. Voted "Best Dressed College Girl for 1961". Married at 21, she soon evolved into a harridan. Climbed to the top over the backs of her friends. Finally became one of the richest women in the country through hard work, towering ambition, and astonishing shrewdness.

She has Sun conjunct Pluto in Leo, which is intercepted in the 8th house; a very sexy arrangement - also a tremendous lust for power.

She was probably a tiger in the sack.
-drl
New Heh..
that neat psyche-inventory reminded me of the comment of a contemporary Sage, when asked [something about 'astrology']. He replied, "Astrology good science. No good astrologers". [now implicit]

I still find occasion for a chortle, especially after wading through some brand new rephrased psychobabble du jour - that 'throwing out the babe with the bathwater' is our fav buffer and rationale for ignoring the wisdom accumulated over thousands of years. We'll trade that for a New-TLA in a trice.

(I tend to the view that bizness has so made daily lying an acceptable activity that, 'we' are no longer capable of extirpating the gems from the dross - the noise has rendered discrimination a lost quality in homo-Consumeriensis.)

Saggitarians give good bow
New Coudn't finish it
I tried to read it, but every non-quote, descriptive term I read for 3 or 4 pages was denigrating. As much as i dislike the woman, I truly doubt she is the harridan this article makes her out to be. But then again.....
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New True...
...but it still makes me chuckle.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I read recently......
...that she's claiming that her broker called her and
alerted her that there had been a lot of sell orders
for the stock.

Which in and of itself is not illegal (as far as I know).

Whether this is true or not....we'll have to see

Aparently her big mistake was that she asked someone to
collude in a cover up story and state that she had a
stop-loss instruction already in place.

This would leave her open to at least an obstruction charge.

The question is......was she attempting to cover up something which
wasn't illegal? Can the fact that that she attempted a cover-up be
proof of guilt in itself when all it MIGHT prove is that she genuinely
thought she had committed a crime ...... but in fact hadn't.

I guess this is the kind of b.s. which the highly paid lawyers will go
to town on.

My opinion? Burn her at the stake.

-Mike
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
New One thing that you might not have noticed...
She is on the board of the NYSE.

Damn straight she should know the rules and be held to the highest possible standard. Besides she broke the law, they didn't. (Now does the law deserve fixing? Yes, and it has been changed.)

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New No, I cetainly *hadn't* noticed; does change things a bit
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New Not anymore
She quit 2 weeks ago.

[link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/10/national/main525080.shtml|story]
lincoln
     The Weasel Awards - (marlowe) - (23)
         Bien sur... - (bepatient) - (20)
             Martha's getting a raw deal - (drewk) - (19)
                 Agreed - (deSitter) - (13)
                     Greed is good... - (screamer) - (12)
                         Too. Much. Information. *SHUDDER* -NT - (inthane-chan)
                         Exactly! - (deSitter) - (1)
                             yabbut that screechy chirpy voice - (boxley)
                         the Gordon Gecko speech - (lincoln) - (2)
                             Since you asked... "Boesky", IIRC. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Ivan, not Marvin, Boesky - thanks, Google! - (lincoln)
                         Now you've gone and done it. - (Silverlock) - (5)
                             Come on... Admit it... - (screamer) - (4)
                                 You would not believe.... - (Silverlock)
                                 A Short Bio - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Heh.. - (Ashton)
                                     Coudn't finish it - (Silverlock)
                 True... - (bepatient)
                 I read recently...... - (Mike)
                 One thing that you might not have noticed... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     No, I cetainly *hadn't* noticed; does change things a bit -NT - (drewk)
                     Not anymore - (lincoln)
         Note: M$ beat out all the Famous Baddies.. by 2X over #2 -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: The Weasel Awards - (pwhysall)

Unintended consequences.
156 ms