IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Danke
Ah - thanks for the variants on the \ufffd sound.. now makes sense of some pronunciations I've heard of say, f\ufffdhrer that sounded more like 'f\ufffdee-rer'. So it's your version of Soth'rn dialect hereabouts.

Schickelgruber. whew. I should have gotten that from the ubiquitous 'Schick' of razor fame; obviously not an immigrant from Barcelona. :(

On another note - sign seen in a submarine, F\ufffdhrer Befiehl Wir Folgen (not sure of the h - maybe said 'befiel'?) which I took to mean: The Leader Wills; We Follow. Close enough?

I wonder.. if Harry Truman ever heard that derivation, 'hatmaker' (he, briefly, of the haberdasher trade, a common diss of the day). Should have brought a chuckle:

End of WW-II: a haberdasher fought a hatmaker er haberdasher too !! Cackle.

Well CRC, it's a dirty job but.. some of us have to try to rescue language from the admen and televangelists. Why?
..because it's There

and Confucius warned us what happens if we Don't..
New Nah, that's an imperative I think; an exhortation...
...to the Führer to, uhm, Führen: "Leader, command [us]! -- we'll follow" (or, "...obey").

Expressing their willingness to be led. Kind'a like sheep, bleating "Fleece us! Fleece us!"...
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Of course.. that fits! __Slogans beneath the sea _\ufffd0o\ufffdo
     Neo-Nazi stats, Andrei Codrescu, and NPR - (Ashton) - (9)
         read Gehlen's autobiography - (boxley)
         good page bookmarked, thanx -NT - (boxley)
         It's Adolf with an f, dammit. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
             Phhhhht! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Bad-finger: I Know that, dammit! :[ - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Well, since you ask... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Danke - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Nah, that's an imperative I think; an exhortation... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Of course.. that fits! __Slogans beneath the sea _\ufffd0o\ufffdo -NT - (Ashton)

I don’t need to see anyone celebrate breaking a huddle…
71 ms