IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's a time and a place for it.
Hi Ashton,

Actually, at some hours of the night, you could go lots of miles and not encounter anything - but then, Nevada was made for this and sagebrush - til we air-conditioned it and built temple$ there.

Yup.

But...

... in Downtown Grand Rapids Michigan...

[...]

Seen merging onto I-196 eastbound on ramp #49 at 7:37PM
Seen exiting I-196 eastbound off ramp #67 at 7:45PM

I don't think Downtown and the early evening is the place nor time.

:-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New Maybe I-196 is a, uhm, "Freeway"? (Autobahn, that is.)
In that cse, it *might* be defensible (providing this "mystery driver" -- *Cough*Greg*Cough* -- didn't speed up until AFTER he'd got onto the freeway [if that is the right word]).

Otherwise, I'm with Scott.

Oh, and given that this "mystery driver" -- *Cough*Greg*Cough* -- "was seen MERGING" onto I-196, whatever kind of road that is, I suppose I *am* with Scott: If there WAS any traffic to "merge" with, then it wasn't the place for stunts like this.

Sorry, Greg, but grow up.

Or stick to the table-top cars.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Map.
[link|http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?pan=w&mapdata=IMy2jjoKxllkoyyGPtzaK5%2f6u%2bKDGF%2fjU0WTLG1PYizN6T88RetuHd3pKi4EpH6m2395YqLnl6uprbCrWvJlLc2W7E3bL7I1x%2bfDYOWeVd5gCZwqDNROgDXiPsi4n%2fowEM9k3sUBoQTwkneMg4UyucGUOq2JZqG%2fMXtL%2boB1tLJlysOHrPWw%2bJB98L%2boraIhRGhV1rQVXzjcJH3EHjkllzo1NAVdHSlBmOlU68FUWCX1j4YloEFadfyZTXD9%2fYup0YDe%2fjXI2DyqhPQmvCE%2bTmS%2fkR5Bgsmov%2f2Zvi%2bE4RuMeicKWtMPCw%3d%3d|Here].

OK, so I wouldn't call it "downtown", but it looks like there are 6 interchanges along that stretch.

I pictured something like between exits 73 and 79 (i.e. in the heart of downtown GR). So, it's not as bad as I thought, but still too busy for my taste.

A much better (safer) stretch of road for this type of thing is [link|http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?pan=s&mapdata=yNJu1Eg45feMPDBOW57Gil6NSREjR%2baUXSIRy40Fa9XGeLwCnKsYntAlrc8ZqM7neM4wrXre8O5pJv6TkH314LKYqSAjrYt6hmyzp4%2fFWrOATeyIaEE99zZlFHMZ6fMxQEopMhWPeVQmYSKcy0EnibRdAk0RCk08CwCI8zFbaiIqqTw2K%2fSJNSN7fmXUZOSKWI5EsgOx%2bnZV53qeJmKqjbka4PverlxyBmcd29cx6xxOcQYp92l9PXXMdYx3EEUx%2b34c1T0r%2bin6k3m97X3h4I5%2fGBXx4%2fasvjqimJQSkh0%3d|here] - US-68 north of Springfield OH. This stretch of it is a 2-lane divided interstate-quality road that ends at a corn field. Very little traffic, very few intersections, far from a major city.

A time and a place...

Cheers,
Scott.
New And if you overshoot the last exit....
...you might become the next M. Night Shabamalama movie!
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New There are a couple of miles of warnings... :-)
New Well... what can I say...
But between Holland and GR... is Bible Country... pure and simple... Conservative... where the COPS don't even have cars that can go faster than 110(wnew Chevy Wimpalas, cept the State Police)

After the Rush to get home but before the kids get out there... I saw 2 cars going the other way... and 1 going my way... and got off before I passed them... Yes I-196 is an "Expressway", and they exit/entrances are quite a few miles apart. And yes, the merging onto the road is what it is called wit or without traffic. And you can see for miles ahead of you except for 2 places...

It is a pretty desolate road on Thursday after ~7:30PM and before ~8:30PM...

And The "S"-curves in Downtown GR are now 6 lanes wide and at 9AM on a Clear Crisp DRY February Saturday morning... about 10 cars total from 44th to Ann... beside the 2 travelling ~120+

Yeah, I know... take it easy...

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New Re: There's a time and a place for it.
Grand Rapids is so flat that the best way to describe the street layout is - intersecting drag strips running exactly N-S and E-W.

From the air at night, it looks like a chessboard.
-drl
New Not the highway.
The S-Curve downtown is one of the curviest sections of highway I've come across.

And regardless of the flatness of the terrain (it isn't actually all that flat; glaciated topology like most of Michigan -- there are some decent hills in GR) it isn't the place for driving 140mph (or drag racing of any kind, actually).
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     More reports coming in... now... - (folkert) - (13)
         Bzzzzzzzzzz...goes the engine..... -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
             naw unless he heard the valves floating - (boxley)
         Hate to be a wet blanket. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Now you are countering... - (Ashton) - (9)
                 still do it at some hours towards winnemucca -NT - (boxley)
                 There's a time and a place for it. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Maybe I-196 is a, uhm, "Freeway"? (Autobahn, that is.) - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         Map. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             And if you overshoot the last exit.... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 There are a couple of miles of warnings... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Well... what can I say... - (folkert)
                     Re: There's a time and a place for it. - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Not the highway. - (admin)

We don't think of it as a rebellion. We call it "heavily armed stress leave."
50 ms