As we all know.

Silverlock quotes from The Nation:
In that note, Tenet reported the CIA had concluded that "Baghdad for now appears to be drawing a line short of conducting terrorist attacks with conventional or CBW [chemical and biological weapons] against the United States." The CIA, according to Tenet, also had determined, "Should Saddam conclude that a US-led attack could no longer be deterred, he probably would become much less constrained in adopting terrorist actions." And the Agency found, "Saddam might decide that the extreme step of assisting Islamist terrorists in conducting a WMD [weapons of mass destruction] attack against the United States would be his last chance to exact vengeance by taking a large number of victims with him."

The bottom-line: Saddam is not likely in the near future to hit the United States or share his weapons with al Qaeda or other anti-American terrorists, unless the United States assaults Iraq. This is hardly the picture the President is sharing with the American public.

[...]

But McDermott's point--that Bush is willing to stretch the truth to obtain authority to launch a war--has been confirmed. By the CIA.

Emphasis added.

The CIA collects facts and information and attempts to interpret them. Part of that interpretation process involves making educated guesses and extrapolations. Those educated guesses and projections aren't "the truth".

People can agree on the facts and disagree with what those facts mean.

I don't think that Bush's interpretation of information and facts differing from Tenent's means that Bush is a liar. Perhaps there's better evidence for that claim out there - I don't see it here.

And of course, there's the old saw about politicians lying when their lips move...

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.