IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jeb Bush makes basic mistake
[link|http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-bushplan100502,0,6494036.story?coll=sfla%2Dhome%2Dheadlines|Sun-Sentinal]

Apparently he didn't realize the guy with Gannet News Service press pass was there and said a bunch of stuff he shouldn't have.

Among the things he said; he had a plan to undo a popular public amendment if it passes, talked about finding a way to bypass local school boards to set teachers salaries, and made a lesbian joke.

Not the sort of thing you want to spill out in an election year. The back peddling and spinning has begun already.

Jay
New well at least he had the gnads not to rip the reporter
"Asked on Friday morning whether he was quoted accurately, the governor said, \ufffdIt\ufffds not the reporter\ufffds fault.\ufffd"
Being directly affected by the ammendment I have this to say. It sounds nice but you cannot lock a budget into stone by entitlement group. By passing this ammendment that money is off limits. Would I take a larger class size in exchange for health insurance for Kids? You bet but that choice no longer will be available. I think his remarks were raw but pitting nursing home money vs kids class size is the argument that will get their attention cause this ammendment will affect all other services first. Not until that allocation is made all the other needs will be addressed. Ammending a constitution should not be a feel good whim but unfortunately here in florida it is a annual sport.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Ammendment is a bit misguided
I think the ammendment is a bit misguided also. Class sizes in Florida seem to be too large from what little I know, but setting this in the state constitution is rather misguided overkill.

Still, Jeb's plan to counter it is even more evil. From what I read he plans to set it up as a contest pitting school children against senior citizens. But he will be carefully avoiding the issue of the massive tax breaks he has given to buisness.

Moreover, it seems to me that his comment about the Teachers Union and McBride show that he is playing partisan politics here. He doesn't want to do anything that would strengthen the Teachers Union because they are a Democratic stronghold.

Jay
New nature of politics use the tools that do the job
and "do" the opponant.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

New What was he going to say?
"That damn tape recorder took my comments out of context"?

"That press pass wasn't big enough for me to see"?

"When I said 'lesbian', I didn't mean 'lesbian'..."

Harrumph! Stop spinning.
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New depends on what the meaning of is is :-)

New Which just goes to show ya...
...that Bush can't eve get that right...

;-)
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
     Jeb Bush makes basic mistake - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         well at least he had the gnads not to rip the reporter - (boxley) - (5)
             Ammendment is a bit misguided - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 nature of politics use the tools that do the job - (boxley)
             What was he going to say? - (jb4) - (2)
                 depends on what the meaning of is is :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Which just goes to show ya... - (jb4)

For Wade, it is to lag.
73 ms