IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We need a healthy Russian economy
Big, powerfull countries in utter economic ruin are extremely dangerous. Look at Germany between the wars. Add huge nuke stockpiles that are the only military force the country can afford, and, well, consider the idea of Hitler (I'm not thinking of Russia's current leadership, I'm thinking of what, under continued economic ruin, the replacement might be) with a few thousand nukes sitting around.

For a variety of ugly political reasons on both sides, there isn't much we can do to improve the Russian economy. But if we get another arms race going, we can make it worse. Bad as it is, there is still room for it to get worse.

It would be nice to get past "duck and cover". But that isn't what the missile defense system is about. The missile defense system is theoreticaly about preserving our retaliatory strike capability. But there are so few scenarios where it would be relevant (Iraq would use ground transport or aircraft, Russia or China would simply overwhelm the system by launching lots of missiles, it might protect us from France if the positioning is right) that I have to suspect that the real purpose is either to transfer funds or to help future Texan schoolchildren confuse George II with Reagan. Unfortunately, when Reagan did it, damaging the Russian economy was in our best interests. And that is no longer the case.
White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Very well said. Thanks.
New Precisamente.. and, it is so evidently basic
yet utterly not understood? or simply ignored in the current sabre rattling of Bushie II and his handlers, who appear to be about -- random discord creation, worldwide.

I posted a recent talk on the subject by a CDI spokesman, in another thread.

It is getting *critical* in Russia ; not even close to being a pun on *critical mass*. Meanwhile we behave obliviously to this obvious and worsening tragic situation. We behave with full-race Dumbth.

A.
New Good points!
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
     WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (Another Scott) - (49)
         Re: WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (addison) - (44)
             So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (41)
                 None of the above - (wharris2)
                 I'll attempt to straighten you out... - (addison) - (39)
                     It's not so simple. - (Another Scott) - (30)
                         No, its not. - (addison) - (16)
                             Couple of things. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                 Re: Couple of things. - (addison) - (14)
                                     Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Re: Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (addison) - (2)
                                             Morels! :-) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 A thousand pardons. :-( - (Another Scott)
                                     The only real problems I see with the ABM shield... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                         My take.... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                             Impossible - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                 There's that issue, too. - (bepatient)
                                             Re: My take.... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 Every once in a while... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     Don't get too used to it...;-) -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         I was humbled more... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Credit where credit is due! -NT - (jb4)
                                                             I used to be humble - (Ashton)
                         Re: Installing in Alaska will do nothing against a threat... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Alaska was picked because North Korea was viewed ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Alaska was picked because Sen for life Ted Stevens - (boxley)
                         Scott - catch NPR discussion Mon re Russia version? - (Ashton) - (9)
                             Nope, I missed it. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Found it: - (Ashton)
                             Question: how do they propose to do this? - (wharris2) - (6)
                                 Doverai ni proverai.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                     What is ideal? - (wharris2) - (4)
                                         An excellent solution: ABMs for all. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             giggling wildly - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                 ..only in your rare moments of relative.... lucidity :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     *my* rare moments? -NT - (wharris2)
                     You don't straighten any thing out by adding wrinkles - (jb4) - (7)
                         I didn't. - (addison) - (6)
                             To add a little - (wharris2) - (5)
                                 The imminent threat is not addressed after wasting $BB - (jb4) - (4)
                                     That's merely one possibility. - (addison) - (3)
                                         All of you are missing something - (DonRichards) - (2)
                                             I don't think I'm missing that. - (addison) - (1)
                                                 I don't think I've the patience - (Ashton)
             Good Reason? - (deSitter) - (1)
                 OT: 1990-1991 recession wasn't "deep" - (Another Scott)
         We need a healthy Russian economy - (mhuber) - (3)
             Very well said. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Precisamente.. and, it is so evidently basic - (Ashton)
             Good points! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

If nautical nonsense be what ye wish...
110 ms