IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My take....
...is that the Russian government fears it because it devalues their deterrent against the US. They would then need to rely on conventional arms. Massing conventional arms is a) expensive and b)futile due to the US's technology lead.

In short....it puts them at risk.

I understand their point...given the decades of distrust between our 2 countries.

I don't agree with the Bush agenda here. There is no reason to deploy a system at this time. He should have began discussions about modification of all missile treaties...including the ABM treaty prior to announcing any intention to deploy.

Should such a system be deployed at some point? Absolutely. As long as ballistic missiles exist, we should be able to defend against them. Remember...the Chinese can aim their missiles now thanks to Mr Clinton.
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Impossible
I don't agree with the Bush agenda here. There is no reason to deploy a system at this time.

That's not a problem - we can't deploy anything at this time. We've had one moderately successful test (to the limits of what they were testing for), and several failures. We haven't had one full-fledged successful test, and even a successful test would hardly be evidence that the entire system would work. Besides all that, we hardly have the infrastructure set up to deploy even the rudiments of a beginning of a defense.

I see no problem with continuing to test and develop, but concerns about deployment are moot at this point. (And even if he gets money in the budget for it, it's still a moot point until we actually get something working.)
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New There's that issue, too.
I had something in there about that. About continuing to test and while testing modify the treaties to allow deployment when we are ready.

I also wonder...if there isn't a real agenda behind all of the current bluster. Its not as if his military advisors are idiots.
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

New Re: My take....
Hey, Be...Nice, succinct, and more'n'likely dead-on accurate.

Nice job!
jb4
Resistance is not futile...)
New Every once in a while...
...I get inspired (BIG wink ;-)

(shhh...I'm blushing)gee...dude...thanks :)
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

New Don't get too used to it...;-)
jb4
New I was humbled more...
...by who made the comment than by the actual comment itself :-)

Trust me...I won't get used to it.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

New Credit where credit is due!
jb4
New I used to be humble
until someone pointed out my Greatness.

Sometimes One has to be honest about Oneself. :-)
     WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (Another Scott) - (49)
         Re: WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (addison) - (44)
             So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (41)
                 None of the above - (wharris2)
                 I'll attempt to straighten you out... - (addison) - (39)
                     It's not so simple. - (Another Scott) - (30)
                         No, its not. - (addison) - (16)
                             Couple of things. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                 Re: Couple of things. - (addison) - (14)
                                     Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Re: Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (addison) - (2)
                                             Morels! :-) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 A thousand pardons. :-( - (Another Scott)
                                     The only real problems I see with the ABM shield... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                         My take.... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                             Impossible - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                 There's that issue, too. - (bepatient)
                                             Re: My take.... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 Every once in a while... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     Don't get too used to it...;-) -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         I was humbled more... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Credit where credit is due! -NT - (jb4)
                                                             I used to be humble - (Ashton)
                         Re: Installing in Alaska will do nothing against a threat... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Alaska was picked because North Korea was viewed ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Alaska was picked because Sen for life Ted Stevens - (boxley)
                         Scott - catch NPR discussion Mon re Russia version? - (Ashton) - (9)
                             Nope, I missed it. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Found it: - (Ashton)
                             Question: how do they propose to do this? - (wharris2) - (6)
                                 Doverai ni proverai.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                     What is ideal? - (wharris2) - (4)
                                         An excellent solution: ABMs for all. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             giggling wildly - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                 ..only in your rare moments of relative.... lucidity :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     *my* rare moments? -NT - (wharris2)
                     You don't straighten any thing out by adding wrinkles - (jb4) - (7)
                         I didn't. - (addison) - (6)
                             To add a little - (wharris2) - (5)
                                 The imminent threat is not addressed after wasting $BB - (jb4) - (4)
                                     That's merely one possibility. - (addison) - (3)
                                         All of you are missing something - (DonRichards) - (2)
                                             I don't think I'm missing that. - (addison) - (1)
                                                 I don't think I've the patience - (Ashton)
             Good Reason? - (deSitter) - (1)
                 OT: 1990-1991 recession wasn't "deep" - (Another Scott)
         We need a healthy Russian economy - (mhuber) - (3)
             Very well said. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Precisamente.. and, it is so evidently basic - (Ashton)
             Good points! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Did you hear the one about the priest, the rabbi, and the gloat?
85 ms