IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-)
4) Put up the fence and paint it black so it won't reflect. :)

3) Control the varmits some other way, protect your morrells and preserve peace in the neighborhood

And don't forget, the neighbor also feeds the varmints, and nurses hurt ones back to life, and takes all the ones trapped in the city and releases them in his backyard. :)

The big problem with 3), is so far, the "other way" and "protecting the morrells" (what are morrells?) are "well, lets hope none of the varmints show up". 3) just as theoretical as the ABM system itself right now. *And* its harder to make sure that the *other people* are holding up their end.

Don't forget, before World War II, there were treaties to prevent Germany from building an Army, Air Force, and Navy..... and Japan from building a Navy that could threaten the US........

I'd love to hear _alternatives_.

But I have to admit I'm not very happy with the admittedly small chance that somebody will toss a serious missile this way, and we're unable to prevent it.

So far, I can't agree with your opinion, that its a incredibly dumb idea, based on what you've brought forward. :)

Addison
New Morels! :-)
[link|http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=morels|Morels.]
[link|http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=morellos|Morellos.]

You know your neighbor better than I.

Take your pick.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New A thousand pardons. :-(
I thought it was morels, but on doing a Google search to be sure I saw about 40 different spellings (various rock bands, etc.). Should have grabbed my MW instead. Oh well... :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (Another Scott) - (49)
         Re: WashPost OpEd: Why Russians fears missile defense. - (addison) - (44)
             So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (41)
                 None of the above - (wharris2)
                 I'll attempt to straighten you out... - (addison) - (39)
                     It's not so simple. - (Another Scott) - (30)
                         No, its not. - (addison) - (16)
                             Couple of things. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                 Re: Couple of things. - (addison) - (14)
                                     Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Re: Battling analogies. Bring it on! :-) - (addison) - (2)
                                             Morels! :-) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 A thousand pardons. :-( - (Another Scott)
                                     The only real problems I see with the ABM shield... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                         My take.... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                             Impossible - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                 There's that issue, too. - (bepatient)
                                             Re: My take.... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 Every once in a while... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     Don't get too used to it...;-) -NT - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         I was humbled more... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Credit where credit is due! -NT - (jb4)
                                                             I used to be humble - (Ashton)
                         Re: Installing in Alaska will do nothing against a threat... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Alaska was picked because North Korea was viewed ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Alaska was picked because Sen for life Ted Stevens - (boxley)
                         Scott - catch NPR discussion Mon re Russia version? - (Ashton) - (9)
                             Nope, I missed it. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Found it: - (Ashton)
                             Question: how do they propose to do this? - (wharris2) - (6)
                                 Doverai ni proverai.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                     What is ideal? - (wharris2) - (4)
                                         An excellent solution: ABMs for all. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             giggling wildly - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                 ..only in your rare moments of relative.... lucidity :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     *my* rare moments? -NT - (wharris2)
                     You don't straighten any thing out by adding wrinkles - (jb4) - (7)
                         I didn't. - (addison) - (6)
                             To add a little - (wharris2) - (5)
                                 The imminent threat is not addressed after wasting $BB - (jb4) - (4)
                                     That's merely one possibility. - (addison) - (3)
                                         All of you are missing something - (DonRichards) - (2)
                                             I don't think I'm missing that. - (addison) - (1)
                                                 I don't think I've the patience - (Ashton)
             Good Reason? - (deSitter) - (1)
                 OT: 1990-1991 recession wasn't "deep" - (Another Scott)
         We need a healthy Russian economy - (mhuber) - (3)
             Very well said. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Precisamente.. and, it is so evidently basic - (Ashton)
             Good points! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Eins, zwei, drei, vier.
128 ms