IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New From the senior Democrat on the Intelligence Committee.
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/23/us.iraq.debate/index.html|CNN]

"As the senior Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, I have seen nothing that says Saddam Hussein has nuclear capability -- to either develop a weapon or to launch it, and certainly not to launch it to the United States," said Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic whip.

"If you're saying it's a threat to the U.S. and that's the justification that takes us down this path, there is no justification for that," the California Democrat said.
Yup. The current regime is attempting to "justify" its goals with fear and by labelling anyone who disagrees with them as "unpatriotic".

Anyone want to put money down as to whether she'll be called "unpatriotic" by the various talking heads?

Iraq has denied that it has nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, but Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that "we know this is a lie."
I guess that is determined by how you define "weapons". In WWI, the Germans just rolled out some canisters of gas. Just like you'd find in your average heavy industry plant.

"The entire world knows beyond dispute that Saddam Hussein holds weapons of mass destruction in large quantities and is seeking to acquire more," Cheney told a Republican fund-raiser in Kansas.
I think that's a bit of a fib.

"I don't [have a problem with the resolution's language] because I think that we are the last nation, whether we like it or not, that has the capability to deal with some of these problems that are regional as well as global," U.S. Rep. Porter Goss, R-Florida, said on Fox. "I think we have to be engaged in it."
Music swells, flag waves in the background, oil flows.

Oh, we like, we definately like it.
New "Swell to Great" __is the name of an actual Pipe Organ stop
New Wurlitzer Pipe Organs
My dad used to maintain one when I was but a mere pratt. The Treanon (sp?) Ballroom off 63rd in Chicago. Very kewl machine.

Since this particular console had three keyboards ("ranks"?), there was a Swell and a Great...and yes, there was a coupling stop labelled Swell to Great.

For 50 points and a chance at the Lightning Round...what color was the stop?

[Edit: fixed the ever-present typo...]
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
Expand Edited by jb4 Sept. 24, 2002, 10:17:17 AM EDT
New To the Senior Democrat bla bla bla
""As the senior Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, I have seen nothing that says Saddam Hussein has nuclear capability -- to either develop a weapon or to launch it, and certainly not to launch it to the United States," said Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the House Democratic whip."
Does he have the scientists to create such a weapon?
Has he in the past engaged in attempting to produce such a weapon?
Why do you think he quit trying to develop such a weapon?
Why was he using the Bull Supergun technology? Trying to put an Iraqi in low earth orbit? Or just for grins cause he likes things that go bang?
Is a container on a ship considered a launch?(as soon as it leaves the dock in naval parlance it has launched)
She is as disenguous as cheney boy.
thanx,
bill

will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Those are reasons for inspections, not invasion.
The SUSPICION that he MIGHT be developing them is grounds for INSPECTION.

What she has said is accurate. There has not been any evidence provided that he has nukes.

We are suspicious so we go to the UN and get permission to inspect.

If we find nothing, no problem.

If we find something, we have it destroyed and continue the inspections.

If we are stopped from inspecting, we go to the UN and we get permission to invade.

There, nicely laid out.

And none of it based upon fear or unilateral invasion.

New Let's try this in other terms
Your neighbor might, in the future, buy a gun and murder you. What's the response to this hypothetical? Why, kill him, of course.

No, not enough similarities. Let's say someone in a different city, might, in the future, buy a gun and murder someone in that city. How do you respond? Why, kill him, of course.

Let's get some nore similarities going here. This person in a different city doesn't have the money to buy a gun. But just in case he maybe finds some money on the street and then buys a gun and then murders one of his neighbors, we must kill him now.

Doesn't this seem insane to you?
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New No :-)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

New Let's all keep our eye on the ball, shall we?
Karl Rove said it in January, "If the economy [Enron, Harken, Halliburton, etc.] is the issue in November, we lose. If the issue is 'national security', we win."

Another Republimonkey (not sure who at the moment) said in August that you "don't release new products in August" implying this Iraq crisis was better suited to late September/early October.

Let's all remember: IT IS ABOUT THE OFF YEAR CONGRESSIONAL ELECTIONS AND THE MORE WE TALK ABOUT IT, THE MORE WE PLAY TO THEIR GAME PLAN.
New Na, ya think?
Unseemly haste unless they know something they are not telling us, If they do then they dont trust us and that is scary.
thanx,
bill

From the senior Democrat on the Intelligence Committee. - (Brandioch) - (8)
         "Swell to Great" __is the name of an actual Pipe Organ stop -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             Wurlitzer Pipe Organs - (jb4)
         To the Senior Democrat bla bla bla - (boxley) - (3)
             Those are reasons for inspections, not invasion. - (Brandioch)
             Let's try this in other terms - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 No :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Let's all keep our eye on the ball, shall we? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Na, ya think? - (boxley)

Three rings for the elven-kings under the sky
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone.
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all
and
in
the
darkness
bind
them

47 ms